Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP PLEASE?

4 posters

Go down

HELP PLEASE? Empty HELP PLEASE?

Post  rIIIrider Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:08 pm

Hello All, I'm new here and have to admit that I'm a little intimidated with putting a "car tire" on a motorcycle! that said, the rear metz my rocket III classic with the corbin beetle bags on it, along wit my "fat a**" Embarassed is usually good for around 4-5000 miles, this last go around though it's more like 2500-3000!!! pale

Now I must say I'm thinking very hard about the "dark side" thing!!! hmmm my question is what size and brand should be considered for a newbie? and who will install such a tire, normal dealers?? thanks for any help offered.
rIIIrider
rIIIrider

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

HELP PLEASE? Empty re help please

Post  Larry Simpson Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:30 pm

Can not help on sizes for your ride but can tell you the CT is a mental thing that you have to overcome.If you got on a motorcycle with a MC tire that exibited the same differences in handling as the CT does you wouldn't think much about it ,you would just get used to it.Even though you seem to want to try the CT the naysayers have planted fear in the back of your mind.What you have to realize is they are talking about something they have no experience with and are scared of themselves.That being said with four years of riding with CT on my nomad I have found better ride,better handling at all speeds,better and easier balance,much!!! better traction in all conditions also better braking while saving money on tires.The only downside I have found is at pressures above 36 it is real sensative to uneven road surfaces. thumbup thumbup
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

HELP PLEASE? Empty Re: HELP PLEASE?

Post  twin1300 Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:38 pm

What size if your stock rear tire now???? Just look at our members we have.....this many people can't be all wrong about the car tire!!! LOL

Like Doc said....mostly a mental thing and everyone says..."why did I wait so long to try it???" hehehehe

.....................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:15 pm

Welcome
Like Larry said it is a mental thing, much like Bobby ........ lafer

I think Rockets are using a 225/60/16 or 225/55/16 size car tire.
Find a tread pattern you like and go for it. I like the way the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus looks. thumbup
I took my wheel to the local tire and muffler place, and they mounted mine for me for $8.
I balanced it with Dynabeads and couldn't be happier! Vader
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down