Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another darksider on the Dragon....looking good!

+6
Doc
spud1800r
jedishon
CaribCruiser
jpierce575
twin1300
10 posters

Go down

Another darksider on the Dragon....looking good! Empty Another darksider on the Dragon....looking good!

Post  twin1300 Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:04 pm

Another darksider on the Dragon....looking good! 25

...................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Another darksider on the Dragon....looking good! Empty Re: Another darksider on the Dragon....looking good!

Post  jpierce575 Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:25 pm

Man! They never get good pics of me! banghd

Cool pic by the way thumbup
jpierce575
jpierce575

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

Another darksider on the Dragon....looking good! Empty Re: Another darksider on the Dragon....looking good!

Post  CaribCruiser Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:04 pm

Nice pic, hope to be "shot" like this one day.
Have a good weekend you all.
Robert.
CaribCruiser
CaribCruiser

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:10 pm

She has that 1800 moving right along.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  spud1800r Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:17 pm

HEY!! that's my friend Deb, I'm in the backround behind her. We spent the week in the Gap area playing. We also did the Devil's Triangle in Tenn., that's a challenge, try it sometime!
The first day we were there, we were hanging at the overlook re-hydrating and we met Mr. Know -it-all himself. He told us that we couldn't do the Dragon on a car tire. He used to have one on his bike and he knows that ya can't do the Dragon on a square tire....this is the 3rd year we have done it on CTs...wish he told us before... Rolling Eyes
I'll get Deb to chime in here and post a pic of my tire after a day of riding the Gap. NO chicken strips at all, wear line is just past the tread. Far enough for me... where's Mr. Know-it-all now?? Razz

Ride Safe All,
Craig
spud1800r
spud1800r

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:24 pm

Why do they always wait till you've been up and down the Dragon a bunch of times
before they tell you car tires won't work? Shrug ROFL ROFL

The guy that sews on patches at Deals Gap told me a car tire wouldn't work around there
after I had already been up and down it 4 times. Rolling Eyes Vader
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Another darksider on the Dragon....looking good! Empty Thanks Guys!

Post  Deb0416 Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:04 pm

Thanks for the compliments guys. We had a great time doin' what we obviously are "not" supposed to do.... Run the dragon on a CT How come those busy bodies aren't set up with their booth to warn us, huh? banghd It's been a while since I've posted here, but I'm going to try to put up the picture of Craig's tire, minus the chicken strips!! lol wish me luck!

An if you get the chance, do try the Devil's Triangle, I think you'll find it quite different, we ran it clockwise, powering up the hairpin turns is awesome!! Thanks for letting me "pop in" and share our pics! Very Happy

Deb

Another darksider on the Dragon....looking good! 100_1612
Deb0416
Deb0416

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:04 pm

Deb0416 wrote:Thanks for the compliments guys. We had a great time doin' what we obviously are "not" supposed to do.... Run the dragon on a CT How come those busy bodies aren't set up with their booth to warn us, huh? banghd It's been a while since I've posted here, but I'm going to try to put up the picture of Craig's tire, minus the chicken strips!! lol wish me luck!

An if you get the chance, do try the Devil's Triangle, I think you'll find it quite different, we ran it clockwise, powering up the hairpin turns is awesome!! Thanks for letting me "pop in" and share our pics! Very Happy

Deb

Another darksider on the Dragon....looking good! 100_1612

Deb.....great riding form! I was hoping someone would fess up to this great pic and glad to know that they have people up there trying to warn you from the darkside! LOL I met him also I think!!! lafer

Thanks....................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689

Back to top Go down

Post  Deb0416 Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:12 pm

"Deb.....great form riding! I was hoping someone would fess up to this great pic and glad to know that they have people trying to warn you from the darkside! LOL

Thanks....................bobby"

Appreciate the compliment Bobby~ Yes, they do know what they are talking about don't they? LOL Imagine if they found this place? They would need therapy for a long time! LOL

Deb
PS forgot how to do the "quote" so I did it "my way" lol
Deb0416
Deb0416

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:49 am

Deb, nice riding.
Yall are so right, the triangle is a hoot. Tight, technical and definately a challenge. Word of caution to all. Only ride it on the weekends. The coal trucks coming through there during the week own that road and they drive like it. They will run you over. When I rode it I didn't know I was on the triangle. Afterward SmokinJoe told me where I had been Embarassed Laughing Laughing Dude and I were coming home from the darkside rally last year when I looked at the map I said that looks like a fun rode so we went that way. Wew went about 130 miles to move 11 miles up the slab. Was a blast.

See you out there
Smokey

smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post  Deb0416 Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:17 am

Thanks Smokey!!!

We actually rode it on Tuesday, SO glad we didn't run into any coal trucks!! I believe except for a trike and 2 bikes going the opposite way, we didn't run into another sole until we hit Petros.
Definitely was a great experience!!

Ride Safe,

Deb
Deb0416
Deb0416

Back to top Go down

Post  ESKIMO Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:46 pm

Great photo of tire from the rear view.....Have a question...WHO is sitting on the bike???? LEGS look to be a little HAIRY Shrug ......sorry..could not help myself...........ESKIMO

ESKIMO

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Deb0416 Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:59 pm

ESKIMO wrote:Great photo of tire from the rear view.....Have a question...WHO is sitting on the bike???? LEGS look to be a little HAIRY Shrug ......sorry..could not help myself...........ESKIMO

HA HA HA HA ...... Rest assured it is NOT me! I was taking the picture Laughing Will the man with the hairy legs please step forward? ROFL

Deb
Deb0416
Deb0416

Back to top Go down

Post  spud1800r Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:07 pm

DON'T listen to her, they're hers! Razz
spud1800r
spud1800r

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:04 pm

I know what you mean about the trucks - we were on US 27 one weekend heading for the Dragon and had our Mojo workin' - we got behind this dump truck and thought, "Oh crap, there goes our fun". Then we saw black smoke billow out of the pipes and he took off. We kept coming around corners and seeing him taking a corner ahead of us for a good while, and my bud and I AIN'T SLOW!!! Finally caught up to him when he backed into a drive where some construction was going on. He had one serious motor in that thing. As an ex-trucker, I was totally impressed with this guy's skill and glad it wasn't MY truck!
Tires ain't cheap.
I have saved a spot on the back of my vest for the Triangle patch - should be up there this summer.
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down