Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need Mounting Assistance For ST1300

3 posters

Go down

Need Mounting Assistance For ST1300 Empty Need Mounting Assistance For ST1300

Post  LeeWonnacott Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:10 pm

Have a Hankook K110 to put on my Honda ST1300 - shop that agreed to mount it for me has backed out, citing 'potential liability' issues. I assume he's really saying he wants me to stay with the routine of spending over a thousand a year in tires at his shop.

If anybody out there has the ability to help mount, or knows of a shop in my area that will mount, I would appreciate it. Located in Rowan/Cabarrus/Stanly County area of North Carolina.

Thanks ....

LeeWonnacott
LeeWonnacott

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-07-01

http://www.roadsandriders.com

Back to top Go down

Need Mounting Assistance For ST1300 Empty Re: Need Mounting Assistance For ST1300

Post  Doc Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:08 pm

I just took my old wheel and new tire down to the local tire and muffler shop in the little town I live in
and they mounted it for $8... thumbup thumbup thumbup
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Need Mounting Assistance For ST1300 Empty Re: Need Mounting Assistance For ST1300

Post  LeeWonnacott Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:44 pm

It may come to that for me. Biggest problem is that I don't have the tools or an area to remove and re-install my wheel. If I can't find a solution in the next few days I'm going to rip it off somehow and take the wheel and tire to Walmart...

New to forum and appreciate that you guys have made this available for us that are new to the darkside.

Where in Oklahoma? I lived in Guthrie for a couple of years ... a lifetime ago.
LeeWonnacott
LeeWonnacott

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-07-01

http://www.roadsandriders.com

Back to top Go down

Post  coldweatherfreak Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:27 am

10 years ago, if I'da taken car tire into my local dealer, they'da laughed at me and told me to go away, but over the years, they have learned that I am a serious rider and one of their best customers and expect them to provide professional service even if it isn't conventional wisdom

I straightened them out about 8 years ago when I got a call that my bike that I had dropped off for service had a screw inthe rear tire and I needed a new tire, I asked them to plug the tire, they said no, they can't do that, so I told them OK, leave the screw in the tire when I pick it up from service, I will put a plug in myself even if I got to push it off their property . when I arrived that afternoon to pickup my bike, the tire was plugged

a couple winters ago, I bought some new tires thru their parts (they give me better deals than I can find online, dealer loyalty pays offin the long run) brought them home, drilled holes in the knobs and with a pnumatic gun, shot automotive studs into the holes, then brought the tires and my biker back to the dealer for mounting

when I bought the car tire, both the automotive tire store where I bought the tire and my dealer were willing to mount the tire for me, I opted to pay more to have my bike dealer mount the tire

BUT, I bet if the average customer were to ask them to mount a car tire, the answer would be an emphatic NO!
coldweatherfreak
coldweatherfreak

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down