Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At long last...

+3
CaribCruiser
Beermand
Kalten
7 posters

Go down

At long last... Empty At long last...

Post  Kalten Wed May 18, 2011 9:31 pm

I finally got my '05 N darksided. I was waiting for the weather to get better so I could paint my 1300FD and install it at the same time. I went with the Yokohama AVID ENvigor in a 205/60R16 V rated that I purchased from Discount Tire I took in my rim and they dismounted my old tire and mounted my new tire for the paltry sum of $8.00. Installed 3oz dyna-beads too. The tire beads seated at 18 PSI could not believe that after all the horror stories I read on here. Got home and assembled the bike. Only two credit card thickness from the swing arm, but thats twice what i needed. Aired up to 38 PSI and took it out for a spin. Knew right away that 38 was too much dropped down to 36 and took it out again, that was much better. dropped it down to 34 today and may go back up. going to give it a few more days. Lots more traction and only a tiny transition from straight up to leaned for a turn.
Kalten
Kalten

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2010-08-15

Back to top Go down

At long last... Empty Re: At long last...

Post  Beermand Wed May 18, 2011 9:44 pm

Congrats!
Beermand
Beermand

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2010-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  CaribCruiser Wed May 18, 2011 9:59 pm

Welcome and congrats. Ejoy the rides for a long time.
Would love to see a pic of your DS N.
Robert.
CaribCruiser
CaribCruiser

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Wed May 18, 2011 11:37 pm

thumbup
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu May 19, 2011 5:56 am

Congratulations sir!!! After you get a couple hundred miles on it and maybe some wet riding conditions.....come back and give us a full review?

.......................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  NeonLeon Thu May 19, 2011 6:06 am

Welcome to the right side! At long last... 3470304077
NeonLeon
NeonLeon

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2008-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Thu May 19, 2011 2:55 pm

Welcome to the darkside.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalten Fri May 20, 2011 8:54 am

With a thirty degree ambient temperature swing how much should I expect the tire pressure to fluctuate? I set my tire at 35 PSI in the morning before riding when it was 41 degrees outside. I checked It again in the afternoon before riding and the pressure had changed to just over 37 PSI but it was 68 degrees outside. I did check it again this morning and it's back to 35 PSI. Is that normal and if so what pressure would you set up for, morning or evening?
Kalten
Kalten

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri May 20, 2011 9:06 am

Kalten wrote:With a thirty degree ambient temperature swing how much should I expect the tire pressure to fluctuate? I set my tire at 35 PSI in the morning before riding when it was 41 degrees outside. I checked It again in the afternoon before riding and the pressure had changed to just over 37 PSI but it was 68 degrees outside. I did check it again this morning and it's back to 35 PSI. Is that normal and if so what pressure would you set up for, morning or evening?

Just ride it like you stole it!!! LOL I understand your concern, but what the ambient makes your pressure fluctuate, I don't every let that bother me or I would be changing my pressure every few days here in Louisiana. BWwhahahaha
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalten Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:02 am

Well I have about 600 miles on my tire so far and for the most part its been a great ride. Handles well and rides softer. Just a few minor quirks, tracks the ruts unlike a bike tire and a few times when at a steep lean angle it feels like it has stepped out on me, but I am not sure. I may need to bump up my shock setting, I run in the lowest position and have never bottomed out so who knows. I have heard that a CT can magnify pre-existing problems and maybe I need to find it. Just my initial feelings so far.
Kalten
Kalten

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:35 am

Kalten wrote:Well I have about 600 miles on my tire so far and for the most part its been a great ride. Handles well and rides softer. Just a few minor quirks, tracks the ruts unlike a bike tire and a few times when at a steep lean angle it feels like it has stepped out on me, but I am not sure. I may need to bump up my shock setting, I run in the lowest position and have never bottomed out so who knows. I have heard that a CT can magnify pre-existing problems and maybe I need to find it. Just my initial feelings so far.

Sounds like you are on the right track! Just give it some time.

........................twin

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum