Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First ride on the HE

2 posters

Go down

First ride on the HE Empty First ride on the HE

Post  cdmckane Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:36 pm

I got out this afternoon and put about 25 miles on my new HE. I know it's not much, but I had to service an account that happens to be a bike shop. If it's over 40 and not raining, I ride there unless I'm taking product.

I had a Kumho 165R15. The 205/70R15 is a MUCH better tire! I could feel the Kumho trying to stand up in corners, not the HE. The bike shop happens to also be an MSF site and one of the instructors took my X out on the range. I have a feeling there's going to be an HE on the back of his Ultra Classic very soon.

I got 22,000 miles out of the Kumho before it wouldn't pass inspection. There's still lots of life left in it, but the wear bars are raised off the carcass of the tire, and it's down to the wear bars. 8/32 left in the tire. The HE has no wear bars, so I see no reason not to get 35K out of it.
cdmckane
cdmckane

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-03-19

https://www.facebook.com/CNYSynthetics

Back to top Go down

First ride on the HE Empty Re: First ride on the HE

Post  CaribCruiser Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:05 pm

Sure you're gonna love this one and it sure is a big difference from 165 to 205, like there are
big differences in tires within the same size. Not only the pattern, but also the shape of the shoulders.
Enjoy it, hope you'll be able to get as many out of this HE then you got out of the Kumho.
Robert.
CaribCruiser
CaribCruiser

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum