Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Posting Signature picture

5 posters

Go down

Posting Signature picture Empty Posting Signature picture

Post  vtxreaper Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:14 pm

Got the picture in my signature box on profile page, but it won't transfer over to my posts??? Anyone want to crack the code??? and help me.... REAPS
vtxreaper
vtxreaper

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Posting Signature picture Empty Re: Posting Signature picture

Post  jedishon Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:30 pm

vtxreaper wrote:Got the picture in my signature box on profile page, but it won't transfer over to my posts??? Anyone want to crack the code??? and help me.... REAPS

under the send button make sure you check this box... Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  vtxreaper Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:36 pm

Thanks Jerry, gonna try it now,, CLIFF
vtxreaper
vtxreaper

Back to top Go down

Post  vtxreaper Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:46 pm

Jerry, don't see a send button, on the bottom i see, reset,preview,save. Am I on the right page???? Cliff
vtxreaper
vtxreaper

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:59 pm

vtxreaper wrote:Jerry, don't see a send button, on the bottom i see, reset,preview,save. Am I on the right page???? Cliff

click save!!!!!!!!!!! Hey Reap, you need to check the add the signature box in your profile. That might help.

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  vtxreaper Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:15 pm

Banging my head against the wall,,, Checked the signature on box, hit save, no picture yet. Gonna try something else.. REAPS
vtxreaper
vtxreaper

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:20 pm

vtxreaper wrote:Banging my head against the wall,,, Checked the signature on box, hit save, no picture yet. Gonna try something else.. REAPS
Posting Signature picture 47b8dc33b3127cce98548a563df40000002

Well its not in your sig line but its the best I knew how to do.
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  vtxreaper Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:24 pm

Thanks Muntz, I was just working on it, I don't know if i fixed it or you?? But that is definetly my SICKLE.
Now I am gettin somewhere.... CLIFF
vtxreaper
vtxreaper

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:28 pm

I saw the mistake but couldnt correct it from here. I just cut and pasted it into your quote, then fixed what I saw. Maybe you saw the same thing. It looks like ya got it now.
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  vtxreaper Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:33 pm

Yes Sir, she's a workin fine, and I just put up an Avatar, Long day, Went to the Darkside, Got a Sig. & Avatar up. Thats about all for me. Catch ya all tomorrow. Thanks to all for the assistance... CLIFF
vtxreaper
vtxreaper

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:39 pm

Sounds like a complete day to me. Twisted Evil
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:10 am

vtxreaper wrote:Yes Sir, she's a workin fine, and I just put up an Avatar, Long day, Went to the Darkside, Got a Sig. & Avatar up. Thats about all for me. Catch ya all tomorrow. Thanks to all for the assistance... CLIFF

Reap,

You the guy I saw with the velocity stacks on his ride.......What?, Where?, How much? and are they functional?

Nice ride by the way!!!!!!!!!!

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  vtxreaper Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:19 am

Good mornin Bobby, Yes the Stacks are functional, an incredible sound of the intake sucking air!! I found them on e-bay, Looks and feels like a $200 piece, but I paid $65.. Install is easy, just took off the cover,
traced around the base of the stack and cut about a 1/4 inch inside of that line.. Used a small metal bar on the inside of the cover as the backing bracket for the stacks.. Only issue is the cover is angled, so there was a little space between the cover and the base of the stack. The fix was a piece of plastic snap on chrome car door edge trim bought at our local Advance Auto parts. Filled the gap, and looks like all chrome!!
If ya want to look for some,,, go to e-bay, on the first page where the search box says all catagories put in VELOCITY STACKS, there are plenty there. Only thing to anyone that will do this mod, which I recomend anyway, is make sure the velocity stack you are buying has some sort of base plate to help with the mounting... A ton of more air enters the motor. Also blocked off the stock intake snorkel under the tank, didn't want to create a vacuum with both intakes open!!! Enjoy, if anyone does this, I am here to answer all questions.. It is a real eye catcher...... REAPS
vtxreaper
vtxreaper

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:34 am

Welcome Reaps,

Nice looking bike!! I've never heard of those velocity stacks before, but they look badass as can be. Nice work!!
ttexastim
ttexastim

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post  vtxreaper Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:18 pm

Thank Ya much Tim. It is a cool and easy mod. makes the X look tougher, all the Harley guys give it a good look. I smoke em all anyway! Now that I got the Darkside going on I am sure I can keep all the rubber down on those Holeshots.. Ahh talking about the ridding, It's killin me, six inches of snow in New York today!!! REAPS
vtxreaper
vtxreaper

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:34 pm

I like them stacks too. Something else to spend money on. I guess its true the MC was the cheap part. Laughing
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:41 pm

vtxreaper wrote:Good mornin Bobby, Yes the Stacks are functional, an incredible sound of the intake sucking air!! I found them on e-bay, Looks and feels like a $200 piece, but I paid $65.. Install is easy, just took off the cover,
traced around the base of the stack and cut about a 1/4 inch inside of that line.. Used a small metal bar on the inside of the cover as the backing bracket for the stacks.. Only issue is the cover is angled, so there was a little space between the cover and the base of the stack. The fix was a piece of plastic snap on chrome car door edge trim bought at our local Advance Auto parts. Filled the gap, and looks like all chrome!!
If ya want to look for some,,, go to e-bay, on the first page where the search box says all catagories put in VELOCITY STACKS, there are plenty there. Only thing to anyone that will do this mod, which I recomend anyway, is make sure the velocity stack you are buying has some sort of base plate to help with the mounting... A ton of more air enters the motor. Also blocked off the stock intake snorkel under the tank, didn't want to create a vacuum with both intakes open!!! Enjoy, if anyone does this, I am here to answer all questions.. It is a real eye catcher...... REAPS

Reaps,

Thanks for the info.....you the bomb! It's on like a chicken bone. I have been wanting velocity stack since I bought the bike. I love the look. Thanks again. Glad to have you here.

..................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  vtxreaper Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:57 pm

I am blessed with a good woman who after 28 years of marriage and 35 years together, lets me enjoy my Sickle quite well.. Just a little of the old, another part for the bike. I wouldn't do a Kewl Metal $3000 Top Fuel front end, but I am hopeing to get away with the less expensive way of raking out the front in th espring. VTX-EXTREME'S, 8 degree triple trees with 2 inch extensions. The next big project. Try to push for one a season.. I am lucky ,in that she loves her bike stock. Cliff, AKA Darkside Apple
vtxreaper
vtxreaper

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:11 pm

Sounds like you got a good thing going there DS Apple. Last year my wife bought me my bike for Valentines, my accident was just before valentines this year. Its posted under "The 1300R Wheelie Experiment".
I dont have patience to do one a year, maybe thats why she don't like the bike. Shocked
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down