Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help! It's been a while...

4 posters

Go down

Help! It's been a while... Empty Help! It's been a while...

Post  DocRawk Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:32 pm

Hey guys,

It's been a while since I've been on the forum, and, unfortunately, a while since I've been on my bike. I got bogged down in med school and pretty much forgot about her for a year. My wife started pressuring me to sell it if I'm not gonna ride it. I chose ride.

To the point. I'm on a 2007 VTX1300 with a 205CT on it. I don't even remember the tire model Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed I went out to kick off the dust this afternoon and found that I could get her started and warmed up with the choke, but she absolutely will not continue to run once I close the choke. I'm hoping that it's just the old gas and am gonna go get a couple gallons of fresh fuel and a hose to siphon out the old stuff tomorrow, but do you guys have any ideas on other stuff it may be?

Also, ideas on all the stuff I need to check or replace after such a long hiatus? I'm pretty stoked about getting her out this summer. My next rotation entails a two hour round trip commute, so I'd like to get some miles on her if the weather stays nice.
DocRawk
DocRawk

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Help! It's been a while... Empty Re: Help! It's been a while...

Post  VTX15628 Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:46 pm

I'll bet your jets are gummed up from old gas, carb will probably have to be cleaned. Be careful using the choke, it will foul the plugs if you use it to much.
VTX15628
VTX15628

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2010-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:11 am

Add some Techron to your fuel and clean or replace your plugs.
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  DS-Wing-Nut Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:30 pm

Hi Doc,

Hope all is well. Let us know if you get her running again or if you need any help. I am living in Dallas now.

David W.

DS-Wing-Nut
DS-Wing-Nut

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum