Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Member Intro

5 posters

Go down

New Member Intro Empty New Member Intro

Post  DarkFlame Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:31 pm

Well, I TRIED to post under the "Introduction for new members and refresher for us old timers" but it won't let me, so I'll start a new one here.

I rode a motorcycle one summer (was a friend's Kawa 250 dirt bike, a 2 stroke SCREAMER of a bike) back in 1975, then didn't touch a bike until '99, when I was 41. Since then, I've put approximately 40,000 miles on 3 bikes (all Honda), an '82 Silverwing GL500, a '99 ACE 750 Deluxe, and current bike a '06 Shadow Sabre (1100) that is the bike in my sig pic, with the Sabre getting the bulk of the miles and still accumulating them. That's the bike I'm wanting to take to the DarkSide. My wife just bought a '80 CB750F, 4 cyl, dohc, for $200 (& it came with an extra engine), and she's rebuilding it. But, THAT is the subject of another forum, so we won't go there from here (tho I'll be glad to discuss on another thread)

Right now, I'm at a crossroads with the bike tires. My Metzler 880s have 16k miles on them. Both have plenty of tread left, but the rear tire has delaminated in at least 4 spots. So, the tire is not rideable & I'm looking at options. My choices are to go with a mc tire, pay more & get less miles out of it, or a care tire and save money and hopefully get more mileage out of it. The thing is, I paid about $300 for the Metzlers & then had to get them mounted, which cost another $150 (because I took the bike to someone, rather than just wheels or even doing it myself - I didn't have the time to do it myself at that time). So, I'm going to do the wheel removal (shaft drive) & even attempt to do the tire myself.

My screen name, DarkFlame, is because the Sabre is the black & titanium flames. That sig pic is about 2 years old, so all the kids have grown a bit, the oldest even taking a nearly 200 mile ride with me this past summer.

I'm into cooking, a member of woodnet woodworker's forum, on the CB750 forum, and on the HondaShadow.net forum, and I like doing stuff with the kids. And, I work for AT&T, repairing DSL & phone services. That about covers it.

Ok, who's next?

DarkFlame

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-11-15

Back to top Go down

New Member Intro Empty Re: New Member Intro

Post  Otis56 Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:01 pm

glad you got here david,, answers freely given here,, lots of guys with plenty more info than i can provide,, yes it is i (Old dad) from hsn

mark
Otis56
Otis56

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFlame Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:19 pm

Otis56 wrote:glad you got here david,, answers freely given here,, lots of guys with plenty more info than i can provide,, yes it is i (Old dad) from hsn

mark

Hey, Mark! I've run into HSN members all over the web, even a few here in San Antonio. It is always a pleasure to meet one again! BTW, I'm "David" from HSN, but "DarkFlame" almost everywhere else. I joined HSN LONG before I got the Sabre, so I didn't have such a catchy name to use back "then!"

Last edited by DarkFlame on Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add additional info.)

DarkFlame

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:55 am

Congrats and welcome Darkflame!

You are going to love the darkside on your bike!

.....................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:00 pm

Welcome DarkFlame...
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  CaribCruiser Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:15 am

Welcome Darkflame, let us know if you took the right road.

Robert.
CaribCruiser
CaribCruiser

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down