Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oak Ridge tn, photo enforcement

4 posters

Go down

Oak Ridge tn, photo enforcement Empty Oak Ridge tn, photo enforcement

Post  smokey2255 Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:19 pm

Just got proof that OakRidge Tn does indeed have photoenforcement going on, Apparently they got the pic of me doing 53 in a 35 Rolling Eyes way back on oct 17. That would of been on the ride home from the fall color ride. The good news is that the ticket is only 50 bucks. Now to find out how much more to keep it off my record Laughing Damn shame they don't play the game fairly, I miss the good ols days where the LEO had to be sitting there and then had to get you before you got shut down.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Oak Ridge tn, photo enforcement Empty Re: Oak Ridge tn, photo enforcement

Post  jedishon Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:34 pm

Houston voted to have them removed.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:52 pm

jedishon wrote:Houston voted to have them removed.

Jerry
Just another reason why Texas is one of my fav states. They dont put up with unconstitutional BS. We have em here. Sucks.
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Fly Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:51 am

In Cedar Rapids Iowa, traffic on the interstate (55 MPH Zone) was becoming quite dangerous due to cars and trucks traveling in excess of 70 MPH. Quite a few deaths due to excessive speeds on the S curve downtown. Installing traffic cameras have brought the speed of most vehicles down to around 60 MPH (55 MPH Zone), and their hasn't been a traffic fatality since they started to give tickets. It's actually again safe for bikes to be on the interstate and not be afraid of being hit from behind, or taken out by some speeder wildly changing lanes to be able to maintain 70+ speeds. The 18 wheelers no longer seems to tailgate as much, as traffic is flowing quite a bit more evenly.

Speeders complain because they are just now starting to pay the price for breaking the law. I'm liking it very much, as I now feel a lot safer on my bike when traveling through there. All vehicles traveling almost the same speed, not a lot of lane changing so you can speed, not as much tailgating to try and make others speed up. Bull crap talk about being unconstitutional aside, even traffic flow is the most safe, having some people going the speed limit and some going 15 MPH over is dangerous. Since bikers are the most exposed in traffic accidents, it's a good day for bikers in Cedar Rapids.

Also note that on one of my Ironbutt rides, I averaged over 66 MPH for 24 hours, needless to say that outside of city limits my speeds were in excess of the speed limit. Had I received a ticket, I would have paid it and not bitches about it being unconstitutional, just trying to get money or any other of the excuses that speeders use to try and justify speeding.
Fly
Fly
crazy person

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2009-12-24

http://vulcanriders.us/forum

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down