Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I helped save a life today

+4
Badmoon
smokey2255
vn1500
Muntz
8 posters

Go down

I helped save a life today Empty I helped save a life today

Post  Muntz Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:36 pm

This morning I helped to save a life. A girl was texting and ran off the interstate and hit a tree, the car erupted in flames. We started getting fire extinguishers from the 18 wheelers and fighting the flames. She was stuck inside while the car was on fire. It was not her day to die. A "jaws of life" salesman was making a delivery of a whole pack of equipment he just sold. He swung into action. When they got her out her boots were on fire. All this before the first cop could ever make it to the scene. I thought of the risk to myself, but I would not have been able to live with myself if I had let that girl burn alive. Thank God for watching over me today and sending the "Jaws of Life" to help us save the girl.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/latest/104907914.html
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

I helped save a life today Empty Re: I helped save a life today

Post  vn1500 Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:05 am

affraid Holy crap brada , doesn't sound like your ticket was gettin punched today either !!! I raise a shot in your honor , a toast to a HERO ! Great job on the life savin , a life debt be owed to ya !!!
vn1500
vn1500

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:51 am

Well done Mark, hero indeed. After the adrenalin wears off enjoy the reflections that follow. You will indeed realize things about yourself that you never have.a real eye opening. Again well done brother

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:40 am

Muntz
I Knew you were a stand up guy. Keep an eye on yourself today. Things have a way of showing up after the adrinilin wears off. You were a blessing to others today and you should expect blessing headed your way now too.

Peace and Thanks for standing up to help others in distress.
Hopefully you will not need the same, but if you do you are now indeed due.

Peace Brother
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:22 am

Wow!!! Awesome Muntz!

...................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:24 pm

I would say that lady is extremely luchy. You, an 18 wheeler with fire extinguishers, and a jaws of life salesman that just happened to be making a delivery. If God didn't put you all together at the same time, she's a gonner.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:01 pm

That's no "lucky coincidence" for sure. What are the odds? Amazing, and kudos for the rescue - real men still DO exist.
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:04 pm

Thanks for all the "attaboys" I know that most every one of you would have done the same if you were in my shoes. Thats what makes this the best board on the net.

Watching the news story today and even talking to others about it I still get the chills. The odds of the fire extinguishers on the 18 wheelers and the "Jaws of Life" are incalculable. It just wasn't her day to die. I guess Gods Mission in her life is not yet complete.
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

I helped save a life today Empty I helped save a life today

Post  bandito_two Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:35 am

Muntz:
I kinda know the feeling you get after something like that. For me it was a quiet but immensely powerful feeling of gratitude. Thankful for being at that place at that time and just doing what needed to be done with no thought for yourself. Had a person choking and turning blue one time and the supervisor just kind of lost it and could only utter "oh God, oh, God" while she was trying to do the Heimlich maneuver but was very ineffective. She was in a panic and wasn't doing much the right way at all. Other folks standing around mostly stood like deer in the headlights. I saw this going on from across the room and I just sort of rushed on over, uncerimoniously pushed my boss out of the way and just took over. I vaguely remember somebody hollering "call 911". The choking lady had collapsed to the floor and had completely stopped breathing, so I did the job from that position. It took a while and some doing, but it got done. After she started breathing again, I got up and turned around to see a roomful of support staff that come to medical emergencies standing there just watching. I realized then they never interupted when they saw that I had it under control and just let me complete the rescue. The odd thing was the complete calmness that I was feeling at the time but also the sharp and maybe slightly narrowed focus to the task at hand. Well, maybe more like aware of the surroundings but not distracted by any of it. It hits you later when you KNOW the outcome very well may have been different if you had not been there and also it could have been yourself in a dire situation like that. It's something you'll never forget. Thanks to God for allowing you to be there to do his will.
bandito_two
bandito_two

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down