Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back on two wheels....

+3
smokey2255
nodakbassmaster
DarkFury
7 posters

Go down

Back on two wheels.... Empty Back on two wheels....

Post  DarkFury Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:56 pm

Well, after a few years of not having a scooter I am back in the game. I was formerly know as 1800VTwin on here and was a darksider until I sold my 1800R so I could get a new house. I have had the new house a year now and just picked up my 2010 Fury this past Friday. Man do I love this bike. I always told Bobby (Twin) that I wish they would make a EFI 1300. I have been wanting a Fury since they were introduced and I am not disappointed. This bad boy rides like a dream and handles well. As soon as I wear the factory tire out I will be getting with Bobby and figuring out which CT would look and work best on the back of my Fury. It sure feels good to be back on two wheels and I am looking forward to riding the roads with my pardner again. Cool

Here is my ride. cheers

Back on two wheels.... Th_9278c02e
DarkFury
DarkFury

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

Back on two wheels.... Empty Re: Back on two wheels....

Post  nodakbassmaster Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:02 am

sweet! Congrats! cheers
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:16 am

Welcome back to 2 wheels, sorry you have to live so close to Twin Laughing Twisted Evil Shocked How does the power plant in the fury compare to the gas 1300?

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:59 am

smokey2255 wrote:Welcome back to 2 wheels, sorry you have to live so close to Twin Laughing Twisted Evil Shocked How does the power plant in the fury compare to the gas 1300?

See you out there
Smokey

+1

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:57 am

Sweet. More pics, (BIGGER) with upcoming mods.
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFury Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:28 am

I will let Twin give us a report on how the EFI 1300 compares to his carbed 1300. All I can compare it two was my 1800 and that was a torque monster. I have always been a fan of the 1300 motor.

I will work on getting some bigger pics and I am making a list of upgrades I want to make.

It sure does feel good to be back in the swing of things. Cool
DarkFury
DarkFury

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:40 am

Yep....glad my riding buddy is back on two wheels again. Missed riding with you dude! See you soon and yes I will give everyone a review of the EFI compared to the carb 1300.

Beautiful bike 1300Vtwin

Congrats.
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689

Back to top Go down

Post  CaribCruiser Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:27 pm

Welcome back and enjoy the new ride. Must be quite a change.
Tropical regards,
Robert.
CaribCruiser
CaribCruiser

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:26 pm

Back on two wheels.... 34328_1370934835987_1310239049_31028683_160502_n

Back on two wheels.... 34098_1370935516004_1310239049_31028684_7830846_n

Wow...very nice bike! Rides and sits fantastic. Smooth ride too! Couldn't find the key...hehehe It's located where the choke would be and the whine of the fuel pump it fairly quieter than most other bikes. Touch the key and the motor comes to life. Idles great, but still has a little cold nature to it, like most Honda's. We think it's kind of pronounced more that you think is because the EFI controll module for the slash cut exhaust was never installed on the bike. 1300Vtwin will do it this weekend and start making adjustments.

Now for the performance of the motor. I know how good they are suppose to pull and how hard. This one pulls hard off the bottom, but mid range and top end kind of flattens out. Again, we think it's because of the EFI upgrade module was not added with the pipes. When 1300Vtwin purchased this bike, the previous owner gave him the EFI module still in the box and it's plug and play and fully adjustable. The guy just never put it on.

So in a kind of wrap up of the bike...I will have to ride it again once the module is installed...ahhhhh! I can't wait, because I would like to have one of these in a heart beat. Great stance, nice tone to the pipes, everything in it's place (except the key)..hehehehe, pegs are located well for both me and 1300Vtwin and we are different sizes by a bunch. The monoshock is very good and makes for a nice ride!

Thanks 1300Vtwin for the ride and the food last nite. Love to the family again for me.

...................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:35 pm

What size ct is gonna fit. Bobby you don't look to bad on that bike. Now that Moon is going back to work maybe he can pick one up for you.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFury Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:11 am

Well, I decided to throw the Fi2000 controller on my bike last night. Scanned over the instructions and it looked pretty simple and it was. My brother-in-law and I made run to a local eatery and when we were leaving my bike started dying at an idle. Did a little side of the road trouble shooting and found that the controller was not powering up. Limped the scooter back home and ended up taking all the way down to the bare circuit board. I traced the problem down to one of the pins that the front injector controll signal was sent from had been coated with the clear sealant that they coated the board with to protect it from corrosion. Scrapped the coating off the pin and re-assemble the controller and BAM!!!! we had power. Took it for another ride and I have ridden it to work today with no other issues. I am going to read up on the tuning capabilities of the Fi2000 (made by Cobra) and see what I can get out of the Fury. Oh, and as I was limping the scooter back home we got caught in a toad strangler. cheers It was my brother-in-laws first ride in the rain and he did well.

Twin, you will need to come over and test ride the scooter again. affraid
DarkFury
DarkFury

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:28 am

1300VTwin wrote:
Twin, you will need to come over and test ride the scooter again. affraid

I am all over that!!!!! Thanks 1300VTwin!!!!

Jedison.....I love his bike...very nice ride visually and from a riders perspective! I do want one, but not in my future any time soon. I got less than a year and mine is paid off and gonna stay that way!
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down