Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Go down

New member Empty New member

Post  rocketeerman Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:17 pm

Howdy to all, Brand new to the sight. Have been looking @ the darkside sense I 1st got my RocketIII. So far I like eveything I see. Its not a matter of if, just waiting on the metzler to wear down. Cant wait. I'm looking @ several different makes as Ive been checking out R3owners.com darkside thread, leaning heavily on the General Exclaim UHP 225/50R-16 92Z BSW. It has very good traction & temp ratings. It also has a good speed rating.(check out discounttire.com). If anybody has run or knows anybody that has run one.Any & all knowledge would be greatly appreciated. Also I'm looking for a shop to do the swap. I live in the DFW, Texas area. I'm sure i"ll have many more questions to follow.

rocketeerman

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

New member Empty Re: New member

Post  twin1300 Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:12 am

Rocketeer,

Welcome to our site and glad to have you. You are going to wish you never waited for the MT to wear out the Darkside is going to be that much better. Especially with the torque and ponies you are running.

.........................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

New member Empty Entering the point of no return.

Post  rocketeerman Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:53 pm

Ok just ordered the darkside General Exclaim UHP 225/55R-16, dynabeads & krytox grease (for driveline).Ready to roll up the sleeves & dismount the metz.Will probably cut it off w/ hi-speed cutoff wheel. Just kinda wondering what to expect the mtz will do when the last cord is cut (will it spring).

rocketeerman

Back to top Go down

Post  rocketeerman Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:40 pm

Didnt have to cut off the metz. Tire shop dismounted for me. Wow twin 1300 was right. The only regret is I didnt do it sooner. Not that much different than the mt. just some slight tracking differences @ slow speeds. Had one minor clearence issue with the license plate bracket. Pulled it up & zip tied the wires common to the turn signals. Am a lifer for sure.

rocketeerman

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:21 pm

rocketeerman wrote:Didnt have to cut off the metz. Tire shop dismounted for me. Wow twin 1300 was right. The only regret is I didnt do it sooner. Not that much different than the mt. just some slight tracking differences @ slow speeds. Had one minor clearence issue with the license plate bracket. Pulled it up & zip tied the wires common to the turn signals. Am a lifer for sure.

cheers Another satisfied customer!!!!

.................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content