Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tire recommendations for Vulcan 1600 classic

2 posters

Go down

900 vulcan - tire recommendations for Vulcan 1600 classic Empty tire recommendations for Vulcan 1600 classic

Post  Eric4u43 Thu May 13, 2010 2:53 pm

Well, I tried to pull up the sticky of the cross reference of tires for all brands but, it wouldnt come up at all...just kept getting a gray screen. so I want to hear from you guys riding Vulcan 1600's as to what you run and how you like it. I was about to go to the darkside with my Shadow, then I sold it and got a Vulcan 1600 classis(an 06) I love the bike but, I ride more & more everyday and I am going through tires(well ,just 1 since I got it) but, it just went too quick(it was a bridgestone exedra). let me hear your opinions please.

Thanks
Eric4u43
Eric4u43

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-04-11

Back to top Go down

900 vulcan - tire recommendations for Vulcan 1600 classic Empty Re: tire recommendations for Vulcan 1600 classic

Post  Big Green Valley Thu May 13, 2010 6:45 pm

I'm not a Vulcan rider, but I checked the Kawasaki section and found a Vulcan 1600 owner who uses a 205/55R16.

Go to this Tire Size Calculator website ( http://www.powerdog.com/tiresize.cgi ) and enter the stock tire size and the above car tire size to see the difference. I also entered 195/60R16 and this seems to be the closest CT spec to the stock. Also go to Tirerack.com and use their tire size finder to see what's available in that tire size.

I would also post this question in the Kawasaki section to get a more appropriate response from other Vulcan owners.
Big Green Valley
Big Green Valley

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-01-03

https://www.youtube.com/user/biggreenvalley?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down