Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not sure what the different tire numbers mean?

3 posters

Go down

Not sure what the different tire numbers mean? Empty Not sure what the different tire numbers mean?

Post  jb7mmstw Tue May 04, 2010 8:10 pm

I have a 06 1800N with an internal hitch and want to put a car tire in there. Looking under the fender I don't think the tire will ever go up or back far enough for it to interfer with the hitch or the hitch bolts. I'm not sure why everyone picks the tire size they do but I would like the size that brings the spedo as close to accurate as possible and don't think I need the widest one that will fit . I have a Goodyear dealer in town and he can probably get whatever I want, I see everything from 195-200-205 and 50-55-60 for the second number. I know (I think) one is width and one is hieght, any help is appreciated. Anyone have an internal hitch on N with a car tire???

jb7mmstw

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-05-04

Back to top Go down

Not sure what the different tire numbers mean? Empty Re: Not sure what the different tire numbers mean?

Post  nodakbassmaster Wed May 05, 2010 12:32 am

where did you get the internal hitch for the N!?!?!

Anyway the first number is the width across the tire and second is the height of the sidewall (it's an aspect ratio) and the 3rd number is the rim size (bet you knew that one).

the 205/65/16 is the one that brings the speedo closest

you'll have to get under there and measure how much room you actually have and we can try and find a size that will fit...
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Not sure what the different tire numbers mean? Empty Re: Not sure what the different tire numbers mean?

Post  jb7mmstw Wed May 05, 2010 12:41 am

you seem to be up late too, can you email me your phone #, jb7mmstw@hotmail.com

jb7mmstw

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Wed May 05, 2010 8:26 am

jb7mmstw wrote: I see everything from 195-200-205 and 50-55-60 for the second number. I know (I think) one is width and one is hieght, any help is appreciated. Anyone have an internal hitch on N with a car tire???

1st number is the width in Millimeters

2nd number is the % of the width in Millimeters

3rd number is the rim size.

It goes like this. Take the 205/65/15 for example.

205 mm wide

205 X .65 = 133.25 Millimeter height from bead to tread.

I hope this answers your question................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum