Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mad as... well you know

3 posters

Go down

Mad as... well you know Empty Mad as... well you know

Post  IntruderLC1500 Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:46 pm

I read that the 205/65/15 mounts nicely on the LC. So, I bought a nice michelin hydrotek, had it mounted today, and it wont fit...to wide, hits the ehhaust. Now I am out $140.00 for the tire and $75.00 mounting charge.
Did you guys have to change from the stock exhaust to mount the CT?

IntruderLC1500

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Mad as... well you know Empty Re: Mad as... well you know

Post  twin1300 Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:56 pm

IntruderLC1500 wrote:I read that the 205/65/15 mounts nicely on the LC. So, I bought a nice michelin hydrotek, had it mounted today, and it wont fit...to wide, hits the exhaust. Now I am out $140.00 for the tire and $75.00 mounting charge.
Did you guys have to change from the stock exhaust to mount the CT?

Sorry to hear that sir! Not really sure about mounting car tires to other brands of bikes and sizes of bikes because I ride a Honda.

Remember...sizes or not the same sizes when you switch manufactures of brands. Trust me someone elses 205/65 is different than someone else's same size tire. Shocked Only try to run tried and true tires right down to the same manufacture! It's like blue jeans...I almost always wear a different size in different brands....same size listed but they fit differently.

But let me see if I can help. Is it hitting the exhaust???? or exhaust bolts! I mean...how does it hit the exhaust and NOT hit the swing arm???? Not really sure where or how this happens. Did you let the air out and install the tire on the bike and then air it back up! Others have done that.

Please keep us in the loop?

........................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:00 pm

I had to turn the exhaust bolts around on my 1300 R.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down