Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We did alittle scoutin' ride today....Dark Side Rally next weekend....

3 posters

Go down

We did alittle scoutin' ride today....Dark Side Rally next weekend.... Empty We did alittle scoutin' ride today....Dark Side Rally next weekend....

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:01 pm

Big Al and I got a late start this morning but still got in alittle over 300 miles in the beautiful Tennessee / North Carolina mountains today. We took Hwy.360 out by the lake and hit The Cherohala Skyline into North Carolina. Rode out to Deals Gap to check out The Dragon ....It's open for business Smile First couple pictures taken right before you enter The Cherohala Skyline ...Cool mailbox

We did alittle scoutin' ride today....Dark Side Rally next weekend.... BigAlRide4-16-10002Large

We did alittle scoutin' ride today....Dark Side Rally next weekend.... BigAlRide4-16-10003Large

We saw a bunch of bikes today and the store at Deals Gap was up and running makin' that money.

We did alittle scoutin' ride today....Dark Side Rally next weekend.... BigAlRide4-16-10005Large

Sign at Deals Gap before you ride to the top and hit the Tennessee state line.

We did alittle scoutin' ride today....Dark Side Rally next weekend.... BigAlRide4-16-10006Large

Big Al got some custom letter work today for his Kawasaki Mean Streak he is doing a 8-Ball theme on that bike ....I kinda think its advertising for what Al does on the side to make all that money Smile

We did alittle scoutin' ride today....Dark Side Rally next weekend.... BigAlRide4-16-10009Large

We did alittle scoutin' ride today....Dark Side Rally next weekend.... BigAlRide4-16-10010Large

Picture of the bikes at the over-look on US 129.

We did alittle scoutin' ride today....Dark Side Rally next weekend.... BigAlRide4-16-10011Large

They have these " DO NOT CRASH AND GET HURT " signs all up and down The Dragon in just about every piece of straight road letting folks know that help will be slow getting there with the rockslide down by the lake....North Carolina has parked a ambulance with two EMT'S at Deals Gap and they told me they plan to be there until the road opens up from the Tennessee side .

We did alittle scoutin' ride today....Dark Side Rally next weekend.... BigAlRide4-16-10013Large

We did alittle scoutin' ride today....Dark Side Rally next weekend.... BigAlRide4-16-10014Large

We crossed The Great Smoky Moutains back into Tennessee out of Cherokee, North Carolina and ran head on into The Street Rod's National that's took Pigeon Forge over this weekend .The traffic sucked however we saw hundreds of beautiful cars.Pictures taken near Newfound Gap the last picture has a huge black bear in it however you can't see it very well ...Its almost right in the midle of the photo.

We did alittle scoutin' ride today....Dark Side Rally next weekend.... BigAlRide4-16-10015Large

We did alittle scoutin' ride today....Dark Side Rally next weekend.... BigAlRide4-16-10017Large
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

We did alittle scoutin' ride today....Dark Side Rally next weekend.... Empty Re: We did alittle scoutin' ride today....Dark Side Rally next weekend....

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:15 am

I love the spring colors that are just pass peak right now.My wife , daughter and grand-daughter have all been to the doctor with pollen allergies they claim we have a record this year with the worse pollen count on record What a Face My black Dodge pick-up stay's under a shed and the pollen has it covered so much so you can't hardley see out the windows.My bikes are in a closed garage and the pollen has even made its way to them as well Shocked I've said it before ...I'd like to have a dollar for every picture taken of Calderwood Dam from the over-look on US 129 The Dargon.

We did alittle scoutin' ride today....Dark Side Rally next weekend.... BigAlRide4-16-10012Large
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

We did alittle scoutin' ride today....Dark Side Rally next weekend.... Empty Re: We did alittle scoutin' ride today....Dark Side Rally next weekend....

Post  smokey2255 Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:26 pm

$1 for each pic? What would you be up to now? about 6 bucks Laughing Laughing Yeah I know add atleast 3 zeros and might be getting in the ballpark.

See you in a few days
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:40 pm

smokey2255 wrote:$1 for each pic? What would you be up to now? about 6 bucks Laughing Laughing Yeah I know add atleast 3 zeros and might be getting in the ballpark.

See you in a few days
Smokey

Lookin' forward to it Larry Smile Fingers crossed for dry roads and blue sky's ....It has been beautiful here all weekend with sunshine and temps in the high 70's . I hope we get close to the same weather on the ride next weekend....Bring It...LET'S RIDE Smile
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:00 pm

Dry, wet,cold, hot .... I dont care. Coming forthe ride ..

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:46 pm

smokey2255 wrote:Dry, wet,cold, hot .... I dont care. Coming forthe ride ..

See you out there
Smokey

+1......................We gonna ride for sure no matter what the weather!!!

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum