Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

drifter shock settings

5 posters

Go down

drifter shock settings Empty drifter shock settings

Post  mjgilbo Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:06 pm

going to the dk-side presented some mild new questions. I have a rear fender carrier on the scoot and with a tandum seat mounted ( if this aint the ugliest seat)it it tends to strike the bottom of the tandum seat frame . i guess have to rework the rear shock settings. Ive got them at 30 lbs and the shocks on #2. Is it that lower the number the softer the setting? It goes from 1 to 4.I read that you can go up to 50 lbs of air , that big ol tire likes the lower air in the shocks , but with 2-up its a little tricky finding the sweet-spot.If it wernt for that ugly old seat, id be riding all cumfy in my corbin wide butt Solo seat,but the old lady likes to go riden every so often,just like to know what yall set them at ,thanks to all ....Gilbo
mjgilbo
mjgilbo

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Back to top Go down

drifter shock settings Empty Re: drifter shock settings

Post  jedishon Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:54 am

When I go solo its with 36.5 lbs in the tire and when its the 2 of us its 38 lbs. I leave the shocks on 2 all the time. X 1300 R.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:43 am

On my 1300 I am set on 3 whether it's me or two up! It will bottom out two up, but the ride is comfy! Not sure about your bike though. Sorry, I don't have a better answer.

...........................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  cerooth Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:33 pm

Sounds like you'd have to find the correct amount of squat when you're riding 2up. If you're comfy with 2 on solo you might want to go up to 3-4 for 2up and adjust them acordingly.
cerooth
cerooth
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-12-15

https://www.facebook.com/#!/cerooth

Back to top Go down

drifter shock settings Empty 2 up settings on the drifter

Post  mjgilbo Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:49 pm

well, now that ive managed to get my wings clipped inj the rain with the new tires, keep in mind i aint no virgin to ridding in the rain, ive got alot time in the saddle,but i had no idea that the tires would be so nice in the rain, no worries just a good sticky feel to the road, granted i did not push it real hard , but i rode carefully. it was a nasty drizzle,i wished it would have poured , just to get it over with, but noooo...it was a nasty drizzle for 12 miles and was no big deal, i set the shocks on 2 and 30 psi,,,,with 2 up I went to the 3 setting and 40 psi . I put about 300 miles on a good run with 2 up ( not in the rain) and was comfortable,, ive got another bike, its a 1982 gl1100 interstate and will do the same thing to it when the time comes
mjgilbo
mjgilbo

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Back to top Go down

drifter shock settings Empty drifter shock settings

Post  pragya Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:15 am

hi

i am pragya joshi i am viewing your site it is very excellent site
here is no perfect height setting or spring/shock combo for any car, .... Competitive drifters often run DOT-approved tires closer to racing tires, ...
ou are here: Home » NEWS » the best settings for suspension [drifters] ... TRD shock. NRCA stock control arm – all prothane bush tanabe sway bar ...
Unless it rains everyday you drift, youre gonna want lsd. ... then try to experiment w/ diff. spring rates/shock setting. ...

SMART LIPOSUCTION
kratom reviews

pragya

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down