Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Lady rider

+2
jedishon
Bulldogparts
6 posters

Go down

New Lady rider Empty New Lady rider

Post  Bulldogparts Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:39 pm

I've been riding Darkside for about 1-1/2 years now and love it. My girlfriend Bobbie, has just bought a VT1100C Shadow from my uncle, but hasn't ridden it yet. She has only ridden a Rebel 250 for about 200 or so miles, and is taking the rider safety course March 5,6,&7th. The Shadow is gonna need tires before we get too far from home with it. My question is....do you think I should start her out on a car tire and let her get the feel of it from the beginning, or a motorcycle tire first, and then change to a car tire later? Keep in mind that my drive is 1/4 mile of dirt and gravel, downhill......or uphill. Input from a Lady Darksider would be nice.
Bulldogparts
Bulldogparts

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

New Lady rider Empty Re: New Lady rider

Post  jedishon Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:59 pm

I'm no lady,but I would start her with a ct

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:56 pm

I really dont think she would notice with those few miles under her belt.
Ride safe.
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  marine-mp Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:44 pm

Bulldogparts,
I, fadamn sure, ain't no lady............but..........it's kinda like that myth that you have to start off on a small bike. Thats all bravo-sierra, your gonna get a big bike anyways, so why spend the doh-ray-me on a small bike. Now apply that to your girlfriends tires.......why start off on a m/c tire when you know your gonna get a c/t anyways. You know you can't help yourself.......get the car tire to begin with for huh, and she'll know that your really do love huh!!!!!!! Might even get some sugar out of it if you get the right tire. Give her a choice of tires and let her pick the one out she wants. Make it a fun thing and then you WILL get some sugar!!!!! It's too easy. Semper-fi Mike

marine-mp

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

New Lady rider Empty RE:Lady Rider

Post  13gator69 Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:32 pm

That CT on the back of her bike may give her more stability, as it would be wider than a normal MT, not alot of room so to say as to tip over if one loses their balence. Good luck GATOR..
13gator69
13gator69

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:57 pm

Dude...start them on the car tire! Go with the best first!!!!!

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:06 pm

marine-mp wrote:Bulldogparts,
I, fadamn sure, ain't no lady............but..........it's kinda like that myth that you have to start off on a small bike. Thats all bravo-sierra, your gonna get a big bike anyways, so why spend the doh-ray-me on a small bike. Now apply that to your girlfriends tires.......why start off on a m/c tire when you know your gonna get a c/t anyways. You know you can't help yourself.......get the car tire to begin with for huh, and she'll know that your really do love huh!!!!!!! Might even get some sugar out of it if you get the right tire. Give her a choice of tires and let her pick the one out she wants. Make it a fun thing and then you WILL get some sugar!!!!! It's too easy. Semper-fi Mike

Sick-em Sarge (Assumption Made)

Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down