Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CALLIN ALL WING DARKSIDERS or Not

+5
Mad Meteor
twin1300
Winging 123
NDAna
titaniumwing
9 posters

Go down

CALLIN ALL WING DARKSIDERS or Not Empty CALLIN ALL WING DARKSIDERS or Not

Post  titaniumwing Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:33 pm

If ya have a wing and are running a c/t or not, Come over here and talk shop, swap stories, or info......Leave the B/S where ever you came from there! I have a 06 titanium comfort package wing with a 195/50/16 Toyo proxxis....List of add-ons....wide style levers, chrome brake and clutch covers, Carbon fiber dash, pakit-rak, clear blinkers, ptt addition for passenger, driving lights, cb, thats all for now till I get to daytona in bout 3 weeks and will probably have to change this....See ya on the road.....Acy
titaniumwing
titaniumwing

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down

CALLIN ALL WING DARKSIDERS or Not Empty Re: CALLIN ALL WING DARKSIDERS or Not

Post  NDAna Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:57 pm

Would like my '84 I'state to be darkside like my X but can't find anything to fit Sad
NDAna
NDAna

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  titaniumwing Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:48 pm

I will have to make sure of the size,but Daniel Meyer might be able to help..
check his web site "lifeisaroad.com". In the mean time I will check....acy
titaniumwing
titaniumwing

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down

CALLIN ALL WING DARKSIDERS or Not Empty 05 Darkside Wing

Post  Winging 123 Tue May 27, 2008 10:45 am

I just installed a Dunlop GT Qualifier 205/50/16 on my 05 Wing. Had a few problems getting someone to mount the tire on the rim. Finally found a dealer that would mount it. I had to let the air out to get it in the wheel well. Fit was ok and had cleararce when it was installed. My question to anyone that has this size tire...... How much does it change the speedometor? Any help would be useful. thanks. Oh by the way I love the handling with a ct.

Winging 123

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue May 27, 2008 12:56 pm

Thanks for getting the ball rolling, brother!

...................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Mad Meteor Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:02 pm

My current wing is a 2002 non-ABS GL1800 with 62,000 miles on it. 38,000 of those with a car tire on the rear. I'm currently riding on a Continental 205/55R16 ContiProContact SSR (run-flat) @ 28 PSI. My first car tire was a Toyo Proxes T1R 195/55R16 (not a run-flat) @ 30 PSI and while I liked that tire, in my opinion the run-flat Continental is a better tire in all ways. I have a Continental Vanco 4 Season 195/65R16 (load rated @ 1600 lbs but not a run-flat) sitting in the garage waiting for a little warmer weather before I install it.

I think that the use of a car tire on the rear wheel a motorcycle has been proven to be a safe alternative to a motorcycle tire. I firmly believe that car tires in this application have better traction under all conditions than a motorcycle tire and no one that has ridden on a car tire for very far will argue that the ride is definitely smoother and quieter than the ride of a motorcycle tire.

Anyway , that's me. Feel free to ask questions, I'm free with my opinions.
Mad Meteor
Mad Meteor

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnACman Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:22 pm

Wish I was closer, I would take you up on the visit offer. I just found this site and already like it. I run a Kumho 195/55/16 run flat with 24,000miles put on it in 11 months. I also run a Battlax 45 130/70/18 bias ply, rear tire on the front with 14k on it. For me in Flat Florida it is a good combination.

JohnACman

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Auswing Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:26 am

Hi All,
Auswing checking in.
I have 63,000 klms on my Wing, 55,000 klms on Pirelli Eufori run flats. Originally fitted for a trip to the Northern Territory on long straight roads, but have since played in the mountains many times on twisty roads and found it to be a very capable tire. First one lasted 25,000 klms, second one was scrubbed out in 18,000 klms playing hard in the twisty's two up. I actually scrubbed the left hand side shoulder blocks very badly which surprised me. Anyway, glad to be aboard and offer my 2 cents worth where I think it may be of value.

Cheers,

Trev.
Auswing
Auswing

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  mjmesserli Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:13 am

I'm a double darksider running Kumho on the back and a Battlax on the front. I love it. I'm gradually converting my fellow wing riders, but it's painful....I have to let them ride my wing and in turn I ride their bike. What I've found is that they don't stop to give my bike back so I end up on a MT wing far too long. Very Happy I'm very spoiled now and would never go back to the MT setup.

By the way, guys, I'm glad to see more activity over here. This site has been rather dead the last few times I have stopped by. It's great to see some life coming to it. Keep it going!
mjmesserli
mjmesserli

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  DS-Wing-Nut Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:12 pm

mjmesserli wrote:I'm a double darksider running Kumho on the back and a Battlax on the front. I love it. I'm gradually converting my fellow wing riders, but it's painful....I have to let them ride my wing and in turn I ride their bike. What I've found is that they don't stop to give my bike back so I end up on a MT wing far too long. Very Happy I'm very spoiled now and would never go back to the MT setup.

By the way, guys, I'm glad to see more activity over here. This site has been rather dead the last few times I have stopped by. It's great to see some life coming to it. Keep it going!

MJ,

i work in the dallas area around 635 and the Tollway. but I live down in Ennis,Tx. Commute to work most days.
I run the same setup on my Wing also. I love it!

maybe we could meet up sometime?

David
DS-Wing-Nut
DS-Wing-Nut

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down