Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the party Eagle Eye

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Welcome to the party Eagle Eye Empty Welcome to the party Eagle Eye

Post  ttexastim Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:47 pm

I just wanted to welcome Eagle Eye to the party.

He got his CT on his 2005 shadow 1100 today. He's even a Texan like many of us. Welcome to the site!!!
ttexastim
ttexastim

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the party Eagle Eye Empty Re: Welcome to the party Eagle Eye

Post  DS-Wing-Nut Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:48 pm

Hi Tim,

thanks for all your help.

David (Eagle-Eye)
DS-Wing-Nut
DS-Wing-Nut

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:23 pm

Again, David aka Eagle Eye, Glad to have you and let's get this party started.

Texastim, man you Texas guys are coming out of the woodwork with the darksides. I guess we will have to start you Shadow guys a Darkside list like the 1300's and 1800's.

..................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:09 pm

What do you mean by a list? We already got our own forum for tech tips. What else could there be?!? Smile
ttexastim
ttexastim

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:14 pm

Ohhhhh Timmy Timmy Timmy....there are so many darkside secrets........You are a newb to this so we are breaking you in slow. Shocked Laughing affraid

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:17 pm

ttexastim wrote:What do you mean by a list? We already got our own forum for tech tips. What else could there be?!? Smile

Texastim,

Like this.....we use this to help others who may want to go darkside, when you see someone in your state and you can PM them to get advice. If you guys are going to start something with the shadows...this is a helpful tool.

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/vtx-1300-tech-f11/1300-darkside-list-t169.htm

If you want I can start one for you and make it a sticky at the top of the Shadow section and you guys will grow together and helps band you guys together and give you some legitimacy.

........................bobby

ps......Hey Smokey! I guess we should tell him about the secret handshake? Or...you think that would be too much! You have already done the secret handshake Texastim as well as ALL darksiders, you just don't know it yet!

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:54 pm

Okay Twin, he is in on the secret handshake.....but no cookies yet Laughing Laughing

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:26 am

Tim, welcome to the madness.
Muntz
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:48 pm

So how long till I reach the "send empty boxes to other members" status??? cheers Twisted Evil
ttexastim
ttexastim

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:53 pm

ttexastim wrote:So how long till I reach the "send empty boxes to other members" status??? cheers Twisted Evil

Shocked Shocked Shocked
I think ol' Timmy is gonna fit right in. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:17 pm

twin1300 wrote:
ttexastim wrote:What do you mean by a list? We already got our own forum for tech tips. What else could there be?!? Smile

Texastim,

Like this.....we use this to help others who may want to go darkside, when you see someone in your state and you can PM them to get advice. If you guys are going to start something with the shadows...this is a helpful tool.

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/vtx-1300-tech-f11/1300-darkside-list-t169.htm

If you want I can start one for you and make it a sticky at the top of the Shadow section and you guys will grow together and helps band you guys together and give you some legitimacy.

........................bobby

ps......Hey Smokey! I guess we should tell him about the secret handshake? Or...you think that would be too much! You have already done the secret handshake Texastim as well as ALL darksiders, you just don't know it yet!

I want to have a list and be part of the cool kids club!! You have mail twin. Do I win a prize (like maybe a patch Wink ) for being numero uno on the list?
ttexastim
ttexastim

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:14 pm

Texastim,

Heck NO! No Not after that stinking empty box comment!!!!!!!!........... Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:29 pm

ttexastim wrote:So how long till I reach the "send empty boxes to other members" status??? cheers Twisted Evil

Somebody give this man a cookie. He is officially "IN THE CLUB"

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the party Eagle Eye Empty new tire

Post  DS-Wing-Nut Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:47 pm

Hey, I t'was the reason for this post and Tim gets the 'cookie' and 'the handshake' ?? I see how it is!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Just kidding.

The 200 mile ride on sunday before the Superbowl was awesome. I met up with 14 other bikes in my group and they all were speechless as to what I'd put on the back of my rear tire. It was funny. They know I like to tinker and try new stuff so, none of them goffed at me or at least not around me they didn't. two or more even said they'd like to try one which shocked me.
We even went on some of our twistie roads and I did fine. I do have one question for you guys. I'm pretty sure it's all me, but I'm being timid I'm sure and I'm a little scared of the tire right now. It has gripped just fine. It feels different of course and I'm getting use to it real fast. Does the timid feeling go away? I guess I just need to go for it and try the twisties like I'm use too! I took it easy on the tire and myself on sunday but I guess I'm just asking??

Rode to work today as well. I sure like this tire! the highway stuff is awesome! and I know I'll learn to love it in the twisties as well. Maybe I still have some mold release on the tire? I did have one squirly feeling in the rear end today. Not sure if it was the road, the tire, or me??

siging off..... Timid
DS-Wing-Nut
DS-Wing-Nut

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:41 am

It'll go away. When I swapped over, I was a little hesitant as well. I think it takes a few hundred miles to get the mold release off and that may be it.

Yesterday was the first day I've ridden where I wasn't layered up lookin' like the poor kid in the Christmas Story movie. Since I could actually bend good, and didn't feel confined by clothing, I was surprised at how I was taking my turns. In almost every case I was leaning hard and increasing the throttle a ton. The tire never slipped, and the rear end never walked. After a few more days of riding, you will feel at ease with the tire and your hesitations will go away.

OK guys, Do I dare ask what a cookie is? Is there some kind of induction ceremony or ritual that Eagle Eye and I have to go through?
ttexastim
ttexastim

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:00 am

Eagle-Eye wrote:Hey, I t'was the reason for this post and Tim gets the 'cookie' and 'the handshake' ?? I see how it is!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Just kidding.

The 200 mile ride on sunday before the Superbowl was awesome. I met up with 14 other bikes in my group and they all were speechless as to what I'd put on the back of my rear tire. It was funny. They know I like to tinker and try new stuff so, none of them goffed at me or at least not around me they didn't. two or more even said they'd like to try one which shocked me.
We even went on some of our twistie roads and I did fine. I do have one question for you guys. I'm pretty sure it's all me, but I'm being timid I'm sure and I'm a little scared of the tire right now. It has gripped just fine. It feels different of course and I'm getting use to it real fast. Does the timid feeling go away? I guess I just need to go for it and try the twisties like I'm use too! I took it easy on the tire and myself on sunday but I guess I'm just asking??

Rode to work today as well. I sure like this tire! the highway stuff is awesome! and I know I'll learn to love it in the twisties as well. Maybe I still have some mold release on the tire? I did have one squirly feeling in the rear end today. Not sure if it was the road, the tire, or me??

siging off..... Timid

Hey Timid,

I tell a lot of people it's just in the mind. Your mind can't get over it's a car tire....I know it sounds strange, I know how you feel. It never slipped on me, but all of a sudden you will be deep into a turn just enjoying the ride and your mind says....OH doo doo, you forgot it's a car tire and you get the ibby jibbies. But you come out of it fine. How, did that sound? That's how it happens to me.

The mold release takes a little longer to get off the car tire because you have so much grip that it doesn't rub it off real quick. Give it a about 400 miles and it will fit like a glove to you. That seems like a long time but it also about the mental period of the.....you know (hey, did it just slip on me..hehehehehe)

Be sure and tell these guys where you heard of us and turn them on to the darkside. I still have some people shake their heads and some take to it like a duck, some take years to believe it work. Laughing Laughing Laughing But eventually when they keep buying tires and you keep riding right by them on the same tire day after day, month after month, and year after year. They will become convinced.

Glad you are liking it and we are glad to have you. I am posting this morning a Darkside Shadow List of official members who want their name posted on it. I feel you wouldn't mind being on it, so if you don't want your name on it....just let me know and I will remove it.

....................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DS-Wing-Nut Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:56 am

Tim, the cookie thing is just a play on the "cookie monster" thing I believe. You 'get a cookie' if you do something good, or different, "Here you want a cookie"?

At least that's what I'm thinking??

Twin, Thanks for the words of wisdom. I have about 325 miles on the tire now but most of it is Highway. I'll get used to it I'm sure.

Yes, I want on the list and Glad to be #2 on it as well.

Thanks again! I am so glad Tim showed me this website. It's refreshing to come to a forum and be able to post and NOT be ridiculed everytime when seeking or passing on information about the Darkside.

What do you guys think of this idea?, I'm going to put together a decal/sticker that has some graphic or warning with a statement kinda like this:
Warning!! This bike is equipped with a Car Tire. If stolen, be ADVISED that, "It won't turn, It won't lean, and you will only be able to ride it on highways, and finally you might even "die a horrible death in a ball of flames"!!
Darkside
this as we know is all bull hockey but I thought it'd be funny!!

Sincerely,

Darkside Shadow
DS-Wing-Nut
DS-Wing-Nut

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:05 am

Bwahahahahaha Man, that would be awesome! I love it.

................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:36 am

I'll Take 2 of 'em. Thats using your noodle. Twisted Evil
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:52 am

Eagle eye
The "tire" will only get better feeling, as you get more comfortable/confidant with it you will find yourself ripping through the twisties. Before i went to a car tire I rode my ride really fard knowing that there was a point where the rear would step out on me, after a few hundred miles on the darkside, I lost that feeling. This tire has never slipped out on me and it damn sure aint cause I changed my riding style. I bought my bike to enjoy and blow off steam and now I blow it off with a satisfaction that the bike will stay under me. I was riding one day with a sport bike and he couldn't hang with me in the twisties, I am sure it was more the rider than the bike but he was impressed the way it stuck. He would catch up in the straights and want to talk about it. No talking running triple digits and them cobra pipes. Anuwho. just relax and enjoy the ride, the confidence will be back before you know it and you will be tearing up the roads.
Love the sticker I dea, I too want one.
You are absolutely right the cookie is an award type thing **** you DO NOT get one for sending empty boxes**** no matter what Twin told ya Laughing Laughing

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DS-Wing-Nut Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:56 pm

Ok, I've found a place that I can have the decal stickers made. I will work up a design and post it for comments before sending away to have them made.

This will be FUN!!

P.s. I changed my login name/handle to Darkside-Shadow but it's still me!
DS-Wing-Nut
DS-Wing-Nut

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:43 pm

DarkSide-Shadow wrote:Ok, I've found a place that I can have the decal stickers made. I will work up a design and post it for comments before sending away to have them made.

This will be FUN!!

P.s. I changed my login name/handle to Darkside-Shadow but it's still me!

Eagle-Eye.....is dat chu? If it is you.....I will have to change the Shadow List of Darksiders to reflect the new look! Very Happy Very Happy

................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:31 pm

Okay Twin,

How the hell did I get named Timmie Darksides? Is that part of the "ritual"? If so, why the hell do I get the girlie spelling of Timmie? You might as well dot the i with a heart. Smile Can I request at least getting Tex on there since it's a nickname, or Timmy if it has to be TImmy? You guys crack me up! Laughing Laughing Laughing

And ... thanks for the cookie!

And, awesome idea on the stickers David. That's a hoot!!
ttexastim
ttexastim

Back to top Go down

Post  DS-Wing-Nut Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:12 pm

I'll post my decal design this evening.............

Hey Guys!! I'm pretty sure I found my reason for my tire timidness! and the reason for some of the squireleness I think I was feeling, You tell me.

I'm such a dope! I was so excited about getting the tire to seat the beads and then getting the pressure down to 44 psi and mounted back on the bike that I forgot to recheck the tire pressure! Doh!! stupid!!! I've been riding over 300 miles on a tire at 56 psi!! I can't believe it. As I said I was going to change pressure down to 40, just to try it. Well I went this evening to do this change and that is when i found the cold pressure of my rear tire to be at 56psi. I of course immediately released the pressure and reduced it to 42 psi, where I'll continue my tests.

I feel very silly regarding this...................... So, my question is... which I think I know the answer.... This is probably one of the causes or THE cause???

Thanks for the help guys.
DS-Wing-Nut
DS-Wing-Nut

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:18 pm

I dunno David, I still think it's just a head thing. It feels just different enough that your mind actually thinks when you go into a turn. Up till you swapped that tire, you wouldn't think about it anymore because you knew exactly what was coming. It feels just different enough that your mind questions it. It slowly goes away as you become conditioned to the new feeling of the tire. I don't really notice mine anymore at all.
ttexastim
ttexastim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum