Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hankook Tires ?

+13
smokey2255
JakeInMa
quadancer
CaribCruiser
Dudester60
moparmandjh
Steve-O
wrongway
X Ring
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
spud1800r
jedishon
greyboyfan
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hankook Tires ? Empty Hankook Tires ?

Post  greyboyfan Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:33 am

Anybody ever try one? They have some really exotic tread patterns and R rated for under $70. at Sears. Corse, they have to order them, but, they have to order a Goodyear in my size too. Just wondered what ya know.
And Thanks. Smile
greyboyfan
greyboyfan

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Hankook Tires ? Empty Re: Hankook Tires ?

Post  jedishon Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:26 pm

Have heard of some one using one. Dont remember what they said. But it sounds like a good deal. Will they mount it?

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  spud1800r Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:06 pm

Hey---I'm running a Hankook K-105 and LOVE it! Just turned 15k on it, and am kinda looking forward to the next Hankook on my X. Gonna try the K-104.
I don't follow the crowd, and wanted a "different" car tire. Researched till I was blue in the face and got the K-105. 80 bucks mounted and I put dyna-beads in. Been up to 120mph and done the Dragon on it a couple of times. And yes, they do have some sic looking treads! :cyclops:
Craig
spud1800r
spud1800r

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:52 pm

I see you live in Joplin, Missouri Gray Boy when I was 15 I was drivin' my ol'man's tractor-trailer ( he was asleep in the sleeper ) a Cadillac bowed up in front of the Cadillac dealer to window shop and I mashed the rear bumper of it into the back seat. Cops took the ol'man to jail for letting me drive ( First time he showed me the gears I was around 10 or 11 ) and it cost him big getting out of that.He pretty much just paid off the judge by the time we hit I-44 I was back in the drivers seat Very Happy
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  greyboyfan Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:20 am

OH WOW! Joe,...Thats a wild story. When was that? And why didn't your Dad just jerk you outta the seat and jump in it himself after he got rudely woken up? Shocked Oh Well, I guess y'all got it worked out. Thats a childhood memory you won't ever forget. Smile Yeah, "J" town. ..I've lived here 59 yrs. Guess it must feel comfortable or something.

Craig,...thanks for the input. I did like that K105, but, theres another one from Sears thats my close second. It's the General "Exclaim" UHP in a 205/55/R16 91V BSW (whatever that means) This is for the Valkyrie and ya can't hardly see the tread on it anyway with the full back fender. I already have a GY Eagle F1 GS D3 on the VTX C and it's Beautiful and attracts quite alot of attention, but it was also kinda expensive. So, I'm just lookin' around for something different.
greyboyfan
greyboyfan

Back to top Go down

Post  X Ring Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:22 pm

[quote="greyboyfan"] It's the General "Exclaim" UHP in a 205/55/R16 91V BSW (whatever that means) quote]

205 is the section width in millimeters
55 is the ratio of sidewall height to section width, i.e. the sidewall height is 55% of section width
R means Radial
16 is the wheel diameter
91 is the load index in this case 1356lbs at max inflation
V is the Speed Rating, 149 mph
BSW means Black Side Wall
X Ring
X Ring

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post  greyboyfan Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:58 pm

LOL! Very Happy I knew what most of it meant. I just didn't stop to think what BSW meant. Duh! B lack S ide W all, Ofcorse.
Thanks anyway.
greyboyfan
greyboyfan

Back to top Go down

Post  X Ring Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:06 pm

Anytime Smile
X Ring
X Ring

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post  spud1800r Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:01 pm

How do you like the Eagle? When i went DS that's the tire I really wanted, but it was pricey and I wasn't positive I'd like the CT. Little did I know I'D LOVE IT!!!!
Craig
spud1800r
spud1800r

Back to top Go down

Post  wrongway Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:20 am

greyboyfan wrote:Anybody ever try one? They have some really exotic tread patterns and R rated for under $70. at Sears. Corse, they have to order them, but, they have to order a Goodyear in my size too. Just wondered what ya know.
And Thanks. Smile

I put a hankook V12 205/50/17 on my ninja .It was rated higher by one of the car magazines than the BFG KDW that I had been running. It has been 189 mph at maxton as well as alot of 150 mph passe at the strip with no issues.The grip is awesome and the price is right. It mounted up easy and the bead set really fast ... not like some of those that make you think the damn thing is gonna explode before it sets :-)

Roy
wrongway
wrongway

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  greyboyfan Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:17 am

spud1800r wrote:How do you like the Eagle? When i went DS that's the tire I really wanted, but it was pricey and I wasn't positive I'd like the CT. Little did I know I'D LOVE IT!!!!
Craig

The Eagle is Fantastic! No issues at all. Plus, I like the way,(with my "C" modle rear fender), it just sticks out there and People have commented on it's exotic look, even at stop lights, in traffic. I've got just over 15.000 on it and ofcorse, it still looks brand new.
And yeah, they are kinda expensive, I'm not going that high again, but this was a special case.(my first)
greyboyfan
greyboyfan

Back to top Go down

Post  spud1800r Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:59 pm

the 1st time is always special... Very Happy
spud1800r
spud1800r

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:27 am

Looks like a lot of lower profile tires in the higher performance sections. Lot's of 15" tires to choose from. Even a lot of 16" tires for those hard to find ones. They have a radial tire I would be interested in if I had a bigger cruiser....I'm still big on tread patterns and like the symetrical patterns for my bike that shows a lot of tire.

the Ventus and K106 look sharp.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  moparmandjh Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:22 pm

Howdy neighbor!!!!! cheers cheers
Doc
moparmandjh
moparmandjh

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-12-19

http://www.geocities.com/moparmandjh/rflpokerrun

Back to top Go down

Post  Dudester60 Sat May 28, 2011 6:06 pm

I realize that this thread is 2 years old, but I was drawn by the brand Hankook, cause that's the brand I just ordered for my first time DS experience. I ordered the Hankook Optimo H426 in a 195/60/16 for my Vulcan Classic 1500. It should be in next week, and I can't wait to give er' a good try. I did hear one negative review on the Hankook somewhere in this forum, but according to the reviews I read on the Internet, all were quite positive and really liked this brand.
I'll report back after mine is installed and I get a chance to test it for a few hundred miles.
Dudester60
Dudester60

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2011-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post  CaribCruiser Sat May 28, 2011 10:03 pm

Never had one on the bike, but on the car, yes. They sell a lot over here and they
seem to do fine. Had good experience with them myself.
Hang on there in Joplin, you seem ok at least, hope all is well.
CaribCruiser
CaribCruiser

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Dudester60 Sat May 28, 2011 10:09 pm

CaribCruiser wrote:
Hang on there in Joplin, you seem ok at least, hope all is well.
Sorry, I don't know what you mean regarding "Joplin"
Thanks for the vote of confidence regarding the Hankook "phew !!!" affraid
Dudester60
Dudester60

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Sun May 29, 2011 7:59 am

spud1800r wrote:the 1st time is always special... Very Happy

We'll never forget the first one! budhug
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Dudester60 Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:57 am

I now have the Hankook Optimo H426 installed on my bike, and I gotta say, I really love it. It rides like a dream, extremely quiet in the bends, and has made the transition to DS a very smooth and natural thing. I find the tire handles better than a motorcycle tire...and makes me feel safer at the same time. I highly recommend this tire for handling. I don't have a clue on how long it'll last, but time will tell, but so far, I'm very pleased with it.

Last edited by Dudester60 on Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Dudester60
Dudester60

Back to top Go down

Post  CaribCruiser Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:48 am

Nice ! thumbup
CaribCruiser
CaribCruiser

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  JakeInMa Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:05 am

Hey all, knew here after doing some reading on another forum about the Darkside. I just went with a Hankook H426 in 195/60/16 for my 2009 Road King. I just ordered it last night so I won't know if I did the right thing for a week or more.

Can anyone who has this tire give me an idea what I can expect with this tire and if I'll be satisfied?

Thanks!

Jake
JakeInMa
JakeInMa

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:04 am

JakeInMa wrote:Hey all, knew here after doing some reading on another forum about the Darkside. I just went with a Hankook H426 in 195/60/16 for my 2009 Road King. I just ordered it last night so I won't know if I did the right thing for a week or more.

Can anyone who has this tire give me an idea what I can expect with this tire and if I'll be satisfied?

Thanks!

Jake

Jake, first welcome to the forum. To answer the question if you will be satisfied, that is entirely too subjective for us to even take a guess at Laughing Your butt may not like any darkside tire. I cant say on the hankook but I can tell you that with the 5 different brands I have tried I liked em all. Some more than others but none of them have given me any trouble at all and they all stuck like glue. Wet, dry dont matter they stick.

Good luck

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Dudester60 Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:16 am

Hi Jake
I just installed my first Hankook Optimo H426 last week. I am really loving this tire...it has really smoothed out the ride, and corners like the bike is on rails. Very VERY quiet tire, leans exceptionally well. I feel so much safer with this tire than I have ever felt with any motorcycle tire. Haven't had the chance to ride it in a the rain yet, but from what I hear, all CT's are way better compared to MT for wet blacktop.
I hope you'll keep us posted on how YOU find the tire, once you have it installed and tried.
When mine was installed, they balanced the tire using 3oz of dyna beads.
My only problem right now, is that at 90 mph, I get a weird little wobble, that I didn't have before. However, I'm still in the tweeking process of finding the sweet spot in rear psi's, so I'm hoping once I find it, the little wobble will go away at those speeds. Still, I'm not one to ride at 90mph all the time, but, I'd like to be able to do it comfortably if I have to.
You are going to find that you will have to play with the rear tire pressure *psi* until you find something that is suited for your riding style, weight and weight of the bike.....somewhere between 30 and 40 is where I'm trying to tweek.
Other than that, I have no complaints about this tire, and I hope you love it as much as I do.
Keep in touch.
Dudester60
Dudester60

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:29 am

Dudester60 wrote:Hi Jake
I just installed my first Hankook Optimo H426 last week. I am really loving this tire...it has really smoothed out the ride, and corners like the bike is on rails. Very VERY quiet tire, leans exceptionally well. I feel so much safer with this tire than I have ever felt with any motorcycle tire. Haven't had the chance to ride it in a the rain yet, but from what I hear, all CT's are way better compared to MT for wet blacktop.
I hope you'll keep us posted on how YOU find the tire, once you have it installed and tried.
When mine was installed, they balanced the tire using 3oz of dyna beads.
My only problem right now, is that at 90 mph, I get a weird little wobble, that I didn't have before. However, I'm still in the tweeking process of finding the sweet spot in rear psi's, so I'm hoping once I find it, the little wobble will go away at those speeds. Still, I'm not one to ride at 90mph all the time, but, I'd like to be able to do it comfortably if I have to.
You are going to find that you will have to play with the rear tire pressure *psi* until you find something that is suited for your riding style, weight and weight of the bike.....somewhere between 30 and 40 is where I'm trying to tweek.
Other than that, I have no complaints about this tire, and I hope you love it as much as I do.
Keep in touch.

JMO...check your front tire? The car tire is so good it makes other places on your bike show it's weakness. Mine was the cheap Honda neck bearings! I had a wobble and changed them and it quit.

.....................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Dudester60 Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:37 am

JMO...check your front tire? The car tire is so good it makes other places on your bike show it's weakness. Mine was the cheap Honda neck bearings! I had a wobble and changed them and it quit.

My front Metzler has around 12,000 miles on it, and still looks good for the rest of this season. So it may be the front tire that is the cause. However, I'm not riding at 90 +mph so the bike is handling just great. I'd be way more concerned if the tire didn't handle well in the corners at highway speeds, but this is NOT the case with this tire...it really sticks and is very stable in the corners and the straights. Don't feel the tar snakes no more either, which is amazing. Gas mileage is the same as before, and steel graded bridges are breeze to cross now.
Dudester60
Dudester60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum