Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tree House - Muddy Pond ( Mennonite Community ) Ride.....

3 posters

Go down

Tree House - Muddy Pond ( Mennonite Community ) Ride..... Empty Tree House - Muddy Pond ( Mennonite Community ) Ride.....

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:34 pm

We took off this morning ( 3 ) Valkyries ( 1 ) Yamaha Warrior ( 1 ) Kawasaki KLR . We had nowhere in mind to go as we made our fist stop we was shootin' the chit about this and that and the tree house came up and Larry the warrior rider had never seen it ...Cool ROAD-TRIP . We took all backroads today ridin' along with the beautiful Obed River for many of those miles.

Tree House - Muddy Pond ( Mennonite Community ) Ride..... TreeHouse-MuddyPond11-21-09001Large

Tree House - Muddy Pond ( Mennonite Community ) Ride..... TreeHouse-MuddyPond11-21-09003Large

Tree House - Muddy Pond ( Mennonite Community ) Ride..... TreeHouse-MuddyPond11-21-09004Large

Tree House - Muddy Pond ( Mennonite Community ) Ride..... TreeHouse-MuddyPond11-21-09002Large
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Tree House - Muddy Pond ( Mennonite Community ) Ride..... Empty Re: Tree House - Muddy Pond ( Mennonite Community ) Ride.....

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:50 pm

The tree house is 5 story's tall with a crow's nest at the top ( I went all the way to the top today..What a RUSH ...I did a search as I was posting this and found this lady's impressions of the tree house...Copy/ Paste below of her comments...

Have you ever seen the movie Swiss Family Robinson’s tree house? Well imagine a tree house that makes theirs look like a child’s backyard fort For my husbands birthday his friends took us to see a tree house. I did not believe it was actually a tree house at first. I mean it looks more like a mansion as you approach it. It is five stories tall with a bell tower. It is built around five large trees and encompasses ten thousand square feet. That is not a misprint it really is ten times the size of most houses. It is the most unique tree house I have ever seen and quite impressive I must say. We thought it was a hippie commune at first due to the size and religious memorabilia that is every where. The place has a deck on every level and appears to still be a work in progress. I talked to several people who say they have been coming here for fourteen years now. So When I got home I did some research to find out more about the place. I found out that it was indeed built by a preacher and that he built it all with hand tools and scrap lumber because it was a it was a calling from God for him to build it. My husband remarked how lazy it made him feel seeing how much work one man did with nothing more than hand tools. The place is called the Minister’s Tree house and is located on Beehive Lane in Crossville, TN. There is a stair case that winds around one tree to go to the bell tower. The wood surrounding it is small scraps nailed into a unique pattern. There are benches every where so you can sit and relax a spell. The third story houses a church and there are even bunk beds built into several of the rooms. I thought the herb garden that was fenced in was pretty neat. Then there are a couple of large fire pits and a babbling brook that runs nearby. The porch swing will seat three or four and is made in such a way it clears the steps leading up to a deck. There is a stage out back and extensive rock work everywhere. The sweat lodge across the road is made of sheet metal and resembles a teepee. It is such a magnificent place to visit but plan on spending the day and having a picnic lunch if you really want to see it all. I can’t believe I had never heard of this place before now considering how close it is to me. There is no cost to visit the place at this time but it does close at dark. There are signs that say no trespassing but we were told it is so no one will sue if they do something stupid and get hurt. Someone also said that the place had been vandalized and I cannot understand why anyone would want to tear up something of this type. So please be respectful if you do visit because it is something that I feel everyone should see because that is how awesome this place really is.

Tree House - Muddy Pond ( Mennonite Community ) Ride..... TreeHouse-MuddyPond11-21-09006Large

Tree House - Muddy Pond ( Mennonite Community ) Ride..... TreeHouse-MuddyPond11-21-09011Large
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Tree House - Muddy Pond ( Mennonite Community ) Ride..... Empty Re: Tree House - Muddy Pond ( Mennonite Community ) Ride.....

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:53 pm

Took a few picture of the biggest tree holding this thing up.

Tree House - Muddy Pond ( Mennonite Community ) Ride..... TreeHouse-MuddyPond11-21-09012Large

Tree House - Muddy Pond ( Mennonite Community ) Ride..... TreeHouse-MuddyPond11-21-09023Large

Tree House - Muddy Pond ( Mennonite Community ) Ride..... TreeHouse-MuddyPond11-21-09022Large
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:00 pm

Here's a few shots from the crow's nest it was rockin' even with the light wind today.First pic is the bikes from the top...

Tree House - Muddy Pond ( Mennonite Community ) Ride..... TreeHouse-MuddyPond11-21-09014Large

One man hand built this entire " thing " with only hand tools....You can see his love for the Lord everywhere...I heard he's dead now but don't know that to be sure.

Tree House - Muddy Pond ( Mennonite Community ) Ride..... TreeHouse-MuddyPond11-21-09015Large

Tree House - Muddy Pond ( Mennonite Community ) Ride..... TreeHouse-MuddyPond11-21-09019Large

Tree House - Muddy Pond ( Mennonite Community ) Ride..... TreeHouse-MuddyPond11-21-09026Large

Last edited by Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 on Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:02 pm

Couple more pictures ...

Tree House - Muddy Pond ( Mennonite Community ) Ride..... TreeHouse-MuddyPond11-21-09008Large

Tree House - Muddy Pond ( Mennonite Community ) Ride..... TreeHouse-MuddyPond11-21-09007Large
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:22 pm

After leaving the treehouse we rode over to Muddy Pond ,Tennessee my ridin' bud Greg was needing to buy a few items. Again we took backroads and found some nice twisties in doing so.Picture is the Leather Shop in Muddy Pond this guy makes beautiful saddles and has a building full of anything hand-made from leather.

Tree House - Muddy Pond ( Mennonite Community ) Ride..... TreeHouse-MuddyPond11-21-09027Large
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:30 pm

Classic middle of nowhere I don't know the name of the road or the nice creek that runs along beside it...We had gas and did'nt care it was a beautiful day in The Great State Of Tennessee today.

Tree House - Muddy Pond ( Mennonite Community ) Ride..... TreeHouse-MuddyPond11-21-09028Large

Tree House - Muddy Pond ( Mennonite Community ) Ride..... TreeHouse-MuddyPond11-21-09029Large

Tree House - Muddy Pond ( Mennonite Community ) Ride..... TreeHouse-MuddyPond11-21-09030Large

Tree House - Muddy Pond ( Mennonite Community ) Ride..... TreeHouse-MuddyPond11-21-09031Large
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  simpleman77 Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:53 pm

Thanks for posting. I'll probably reread that a few times. Great pic's.
simpleman77
simpleman77

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Goose Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:59 pm

Wow Joe never heard of this will have to check it out! Great Post!
Goose
Goose

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-11-17

http://kawanow.proboards77.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down