Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

thinking of going dark

3 posters

Go down

thinking of going dark Empty thinking of going dark

Post  strongbear Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:19 am

my question is, i have a 1300S. can i use the same tube on a 205/70/15? or do i have to seal the rim? I just replaced my tires 3 weeks ago and have a cut on the side wall rear. so willing to go dark

strongbear

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-11-08

Back to top Go down

thinking of going dark Empty Re: thinking of going dark

Post  smokey2255 Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:00 pm

Yes, you use the same tube. Or at least the same size tube and always use a motorcycle tube on a bike. Valvestems a different on car and bike tubes. I am not knocking sealing rims, as I know several on here have done it and are running good, but in my feeble mind sealing a rim is asking for trouble ie. if you hit an obstruction and the sealant flakes or busts off now you are sitting on a flat where as a tubed or tubeless will likely seal itself iff if it loses anything at all.

jmho

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  wayne Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:59 am

The 5200 sealant that I use, dries like rubber, and sticks to the inside of the rim and cant flake or come loose Its like a big rubber band that sticks and wont come apart. You can cut it and peel it out, but its not easy. I hit a peice of firewood in the road and bent a sealed rear rim, and the tire still held air, the front was ok, I launched the bike in the air, I hit that hard, and broke a belt on the tire. Over 39k on the front sealed rim.

wayne

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum