Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Very useful tire calculator

Go down

Very useful tire calculator Empty Very useful tire calculator

Post  bandito_two Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:47 am

My brother found this really neat tire calculator and sent me the link to it.
http://www.ajdesigner.com/fl_tire/tire.php
You enter sizes by clicking on and holding the cursor onto then moving it on the different aspects of the tire: width, aspect ratio and wheel size for the original tire and then do it for the comparison(upgrade) tire. Standard or metric. (you'll see the numbers change as you slide it back and forth. Release the mouse button when you get the number you want.) You'll see the info in a box below when you click the solution button.
What I really like about this is then you click on the graph button. Put the cursor on either the red line or black line, click and hold, then slide it up or down that line to give speedometer comparisons between the 2 tires. But the best part is that you can adjust the wheel size, tire width or aspect ratio of the upgrade tire so that you can get those 2 lines to get as close together as possible. What that will give you is the size of the upgrade tire that would most closely match the circumference of the original tire. That way there would be a minimal difference in speedometer readings. On the right, there are other conversion calculators for other things like horsepower. Really cool and neat stuff. I think this is worthy of being a sticky. Try it out!!
bandito_two
bandito_two

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum