Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fairings

5 posters

Go down

fairings Empty fairings

Post  Otis56 Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:43 pm

I know moparman has the batwing, is anyone else using any other brand type fairing, got the itch and after looking for two days ordered this last night. what say ya'll?

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=230084&store=Main&catId=&productId=p23826&leafCatId=&mmyId=

I think I did the link right. It's sorta stream lined, (thinner/more narrow) which I hope will look ok on the vlx. I ordered the clear one.

mark f
Otis56
Otis56

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Back to top Go down

fairings Empty Re: fairings

Post  moparmandjh Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:26 pm

I had one on a 1983 Honda Magna V-65, it was a sad day when I dropped the bike and broke the windshield. Really liked the slip streamer, very effective up to 140 (V-65 Very Happy ) and good looks. I think mine was very dark smoked at the bottom and faded to clear.
Doc
moparmandjh
moparmandjh

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-12-19

http://www.geocities.com/moparmandjh/rflpokerrun

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:46 pm

Should look good on your bike. Post pictures and give us a review when you get it on..

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Otis56 Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:34 pm

jedishon wrote:Should look good on your bike. Post pictures and give us a review when you get it on..

Jerry

will do, lady on the phone last night said it'll be here on 10/26/9, email tracking # for ups said 10/23/9,,hope it comes friday, it'll get put on before I get put to bed, gotta ride to the coast saturday.

I am kinda lookin forward to it, it'll be the 1st farkle in about 2&1/2 years.

mark f
Otis56
Otis56

Back to top Go down

Post  simpleman77 Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:19 pm

Be real interested in looks and functionality. I've heard good reviews of Slipstreamers. Post pic's and your thoughts next week.

Eric
simpleman77
simpleman77

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Otis56 Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:34 am

well the fairing came in late friday, got it mounted, road tested in 300 miles on sat/sunday. Looks ok, the pics are coming, the pic on the web site was a little deceiving, it appeared to come out as far as the grips on the handle bars, but really doesn't. It works good, kinda of narrow (my pics with show that), but that is good cause the vlx is kinda narrow too.

mark f
Otis56
Otis56

Back to top Go down

Post  Otis56 Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:22 am

fairings Th_fairing

my durn brother took pictures of my new fairing, and the ton of tread on my tire after 10k miles, this on 10/25/9. Had him do it as I have no camera, and no compuker at home, he was suppose to down load to my photobucket acct so I could quickly post here,. He hasn't yet done so,,so here's the shot of the fairing from the catolog, yes it's on a suzuki in this pic. but you can get the idea.

mark f
Otis56
Otis56

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:18 am

I have a Plexifairing 3 on mine. LOVE IT! I won't ride without one. I like how it dips down and covers the knees a bit. The real thing I love, is how I can ride at 70 MPH without needing any kind of eyewear on.
ttexastim
ttexastim

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum