Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Falken mileage

5 posters

Go down

Falken mileage Empty Falken mileage

Post  Bullyrider Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:29 am

Hey guys! It's been a while since I 've been on here. Just wanted to post my mileage for my Falken Ziex 195/65/15. Got 20,000 miles on it before replacing. Now with that said I had at least 5,000 more mile left on it. (maybe more) But I picked up a 3" screw and plugged it. Worked fine, but we have a trip to Pigeon Forge next month and my wife said she wasn't riding up on a plugged tire. Rolling Eyes

Shouldn't have even said anything to her about plugging it Wink So I replaced it with another Falken. One thing though, The middle threads were more worn than the outsides. So I believe I was running too much air pressure, rounding the tire some. I had been rinning 36psi because we do a pretty good bit of 2 up riding. I was afraid anything less wouldn't be enough??

But I dropped the psi to 32 this time and it feels and handles much better. Is this sufficent for 2 up? Have even considered dropping it another pound or 2 just to play with to see how it handles then.

Any suggestions??

Chuck
Bullyrider
Bullyrider

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Falken mileage Empty Re: Falken mileage

Post  jedishon Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:13 am

I believe 32 will work just fine and offer a little smoother ride. but that of course is JMHO.....

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:49 am

I think the it's our riding styles that most produce where we wear the tire. Mine is wearing in the middle but I daily commute and not much twisties to be had between here and home. Just like a motorcycle tire..it wears in the middle because that's all we do! JMO

Plugged tires...I live and ride on them daily! Not one issue! I didn't plug a tire, I would have to buy tires twice a year.

..........................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Falken mileage Empty r falken mileage

Post  Larry Simpson Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:55 am

I have been running 32 for two years on my nomad,tire seems to be wearing even but my wife had quit ridding before I switched to ct so haven't ridden two up on it.RIDE SAFE Larry S. Very Happy Very Happy
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:11 pm

Mine wears in the middle too. Dont' be too concerned about it. You get better gas mileage with higher psi. Probably works out in the end. I chose a higher psi, 40, just because it felt better "for me" at that pressure. Some folks like it lower, some higher. It depends on the bike, the tire, and the rider.

I'm fixing to take a long trip over labor day and will lower my psi to see how she rides....just because.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: