Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Future darksider's visit with an angel

+4
jedishon
Oldsmobility
Larry Simpson
zeke
8 posters

Go down

Future darksider's visit with an angel Empty Future darksider's visit with an angel

Post  zeke Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:36 pm

Glad to be here--just got signed in after visiting for the past months. We just finished a 5,000 mile trip from KC to Portland, OR, down the coast to San Fran, back up to Reno then home (10 state visit). When I left out, I planned on going to the Darkside later this fall. I never imagined my plan would be changed by a visit from an angel. We stopped in Roosevelt, UT for gas and as I was hanging around this old style pump station, a lady pulled up in her pickup and grabbed the air hose by the service bay. As she was rolling out the air hose, she walked over to me with it and asked me if I needed to check my tires. I glanced down at them and said, Thanks, but they look ok. I got a real creepy feeling when she stepped even closer, looked me straight in the eye, extending the air hose and repeating, "are you sure you don't need to check your tires?" Very politely said I might add. My response was the same. She said ok, aired her tires up and then drove off.
Needless to say, I thought about what she asked and decided I should check them. I was shocked--the rear tire had a line about the size of my little finger running parallel with the ground showing the cords through the rubber. I had planned on replacing it, but not because of bare cords. I rolled forward and found another section about 2" wide by 6-8" long where the cords were exposed. We had just gotten off the highway driving at 75mph!
I have to believe this lady was none other than one of God's little angels looking out for me.
We called the next town and found a shop who installed a new rear tire that afternoon. On our trip, I was the #3 rider with no one following me. If my angel hadn't shown up, no one would have seen the cords and who knows what would have happened when the tire blew. Zeke

zeke

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Future darksider's visit with an angel Empty re future darksiders visit with an angel

Post  Larry Simpson Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:56 pm

Sounds right to me,I beleive you should always trust your first instincs on any situation very possibly saved you a lot of pain and possibly your life.Glad it worked out for you. Very Happy Very Happy
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Future darksider's visit with an angel Empty Re: Future darksider's visit with an angel

Post  Oldsmobility Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:19 pm

Good thing you checked it out. There's never a bad time to inspect your tires because you can't be too safe.

I pulled up behind a guy on a sport bike the other day who had a huge patch of exposed belts. I told him about it but he didn't seem too concerned.
Oldsmobility
Oldsmobility

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Future darksider's visit with an angel Empty Re: Future darksider's visit with an angel

Post  jedishon Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:22 am

Welcome to the site..... Angels come in all shapes and sizes. I am glad you listened. Sounds like a good trip.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  85V-TWIN Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:07 am

GREAT story.i bet you had chills from haties once you realized that she knew about your tire before you did.its good to know that the angels are still here doing good things.glad you caught it in time and welcome Smile
85V-TWIN
85V-TWIN

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2009-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:38 am

WOW! Got a story almost like it. God's good!

.............................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:40 am

We all have angles in and around us. The thing is, is you have to be able to see them and recognize them when they are around. I have had a few that I know of. I am sure there’s more that I did not see. I know one thing for sure. They all are tired. I have put them through their paces through the years.

I’m glad that things worked out for you. Good to hear stories and also serve as a reminder to others to check your bike regularly.

Peace
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:47 pm

I helped a young lady recover from alcoholism last christmas. At some point she looked at me and said "I prayed that God would send me an angel!"

I explained that I was no angel. That Christmas is a busy time of year for God and all of his angels were busy, so he sent me.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum