Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gl1500

2 posters

Go down

gl1500 Empty gl1500

Post  Cyclepath Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:37 pm

hi all, new member here and new to the dark side but not new to ridin. been riding and racing for 48 years and still goin strong Twisted Evil i live in sw washington. just got back from a nice 3 day ride to eastern oregon and wa. did the rattlesnake grade. cool ride.
anyway here i am and i have a couple of questions. i have a 1993 goldwing gl1500 with only 136,000 smiles on it and it's just now getting broken in Rolling Eyes
i have looked through the 1500 forum and found what could be a couple of choices for rear tires but can't seem to find a vendor. so i am either really slow or maybe my computer is in retard mod. Suspect looks like a "formosa" or a "Maxxis" or Avon turbosteel" would be a good choice. but then there is the
"Kumho run flat" although i think it may not be available in a 165 or 175 x 16. would someone be kind enough to let me know what works best for them and a link to where i can order it. or if you guys and gals have found other options please feel free to add them as well. my stock tire is a dunlop k-177 and it has been a good tire. 160x80x16. it now has 24,000 miles on it and is getting a little then on the outer edges. center tread is still not bad What a Face hehehehe
i like them twisties affraid anyway, thanks in advance and glad to be here.

cyclepath scratch
Cyclepath
Cyclepath

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

gl1500 Empty Re: gl1500

Post  twin1300 Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:45 pm

Cyclepath,

I got to tell you and be honest with you! It's going to be tough. I have guys here with older wings and we haven't been successful yet to find a tire that we could buy that we thought would fit.

Good luck.....................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclepath Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:27 pm

twin1300 wrote:Cyclepath,

I got to tell you and be honest with you! It's going to be tough. I have guys here with older wings and we haven't been successful yet to find a tire that we could buy that we thought would fit.

Good luck.....................bobby

hi bobby thanks for getting back to me. there is a post "darkside for a 1500 wing" that mentions several tires that have been used on the 1500. are you saying these have not been successfull ??? i will post my questions over there as well.

cyclepath
Cyclepath
Cyclepath

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum