Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

got my bike back up and running

3 posters

Go down

got my  bike back up and running Empty got my bike back up and running

Post  Dude Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:16 am

okay so you all know how i had lost all power to my 99 shadow right?? Well my papa bear and his buddy Aaron fixed it while i wasnt home (they couldnt have waited) and we plan on going darkside as soon a possible as soon as possible hopefully some time this next week or 2 we will get it ordered and put on. Will post pics after its on

hope too see you on down the rode

Dude

Last edited by Dude on Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typeing error)
Dude
Dude

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

got my  bike back up and running Empty Re: got my bike back up and running

Post  Steve-O Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:49 am

Hopefully he 'asked' you before he messed with YOUR bike....;-)

Learning how to work on bikes is a lifetime tool. You are lucky to have a dad that knows and teaches.

I remember last "darkside" gathering, they tore down someones carb in a hotel sink before the next day's ride. THAT's some confidence in your abilities....
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Well hell no I didn't ask permission Evil or Very Mad Laughing I figured since he went and got him self grounded from riding , the bike reverted back to being mine and I am free to do what I want with it scratch bounce It turned out to be a grounding issue as most here suggested. Once we tore into it the problem became real obvious. I am concerned that a loose terminal was enough to drain the battery like it did. But it is all charged and holding the charge so I will file this one under lessons learned. No harm no foul. It could have been fixed roadside but Dude needed a little taste of Karma. He was talking serious smack about my cousins new fatboy. Climbed on his steed and had to eat his words when it failed to start. A little grownup learning was well worth having to truck the bike home. And the humility of having to finish the ride riding bitch .... priceless. Live and learn young man live and learn. Yall hear that ???????? The road calling .... got to go .. even if it is only to commute to work that is another 50 mile run I am yearning to make.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content