Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jumping in the go up in flames group

+5
wayne
horseman8m
Steve-O
grizak
Charlie D
9 posters

Go down

Jumping in the go up in flames group Empty Jumping in the go up in flames group

Post  Charlie D Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:47 pm

Today I got the tire 205/70/15 Michlin Hydroedge (ouch) 106.39 at sears was looking at the Tripletred but for the less than $2 difference went Michlin

Wayne has my rim ready so we will see if this shoe will make it onto a sealed S rim, this tire looks huge and is a bit taller than the Metz I normally run.
Wish us luck guys.

Jumping in the go up in flames group DSCN0392

Charlie D

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-05-05

Back to top Go down

Jumping in the go up in flames group Empty Re: Jumping in the go up in flames group

Post  grizak Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:54 pm

that is one sweet lookin tire. I would love to see some pics. when you get it on. Best of luck!.... Griz Very Happy
grizak
grizak

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Jumping in the go up in flames group Empty Re: Jumping in the go up in flames group

Post  Steve-O Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:19 pm

Welcome to the fireproof fabric test site!

Learning how to turn will be your next challenge. Getting off, lifting the front end around get's old...but you get used to it... Very Happy

Again, welcome...and nice looking tire.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie D Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:29 pm

I have been on one of Wayne's darkside tires for around a month now and racked up lots of twistie roads at a rally I went to, even drug my hwy pegs to the point of pulling the threads out of one of them.

Sears guy said this one will be a bit stiffer than the Gaurdsman though and will have to relearn all over again Very Happy

Charlie D

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:55 pm

Steve-O wrote:Welcome to the fireproof fabric test site!

Learning how to turn will be your next challenge. Getting off, lifting the front end around get's old...but you get used to it... Very Happy

Again, welcome...and nice looking tire.

That's fuuny. Smile Laughing
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie D Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:57 pm

Well Wayne and I got it mounted tonight, took 105 to seat the beads

smooth as silk from the get go but am getting ready to head out and put some good miles on it.

This is on a sealed S rim

Jumping in the go up in flames group DSCN0395

Jumping in the go up in flames group DSCN0394

Jumping in the go up in flames group DSCN0393

Charlie D

Back to top Go down

Post  wayne Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:26 pm

Was going to post some pic. but he beat me to it.

Looks like you got some dust on the pipe going down my gravel road, now your going to have to wash your bike. Very Happy

Beaded at about 105lbs.

Now he is going to have to learn the hand shake and get some cookies.

Another one converted. Twisted Evil

wayne

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  wayne Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:34 pm

Anyone else have a Hydroedge on a sealed rim????????
Just wondering.
What tire pressure are you guys and gals running??
He was going to start at 40psi

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie D Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:40 pm

I just used a scrub brush on the sides and rim to simi clean enough to ride to work tomorrow.

wen out on the interstate and ran it up to a true 75 for a few miles and it was very smooth

Charlie D

Back to top Go down

Post  wayne Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:54 pm

Twin, your going to have to put him on the list.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:53 pm

Sweet
I like the tread pattern on that tire. It looks more like a tread pattern on a MT. Maybe some of thoses Haters wont give you a lot of crap while they are forking out the big bucks of a sorry-azz mt.

Ride safe. Looks good on the back of that beast.

Peace
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:27 am

I am running that same tire and size on my C rim and I run 34 psi. Welcome to the club

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie D Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:13 pm

I check the preasure at work on Thursday and my gage said I was at 32 Wayne said he put it at 38
I put it back up to 38 per my gage and then Friday I checked again and it had not lost any air so I think the sealing of the spokes was good.

When I put my new Metz on the front the first of the month I used Wayne's gage and set it to 38 then a week later I checked with mine and the tire was at 32 so I also at that time put it back up to 38 per my gage and it is also holding fine.

My gage isn't one of them cheep ones around 20 bucks with the dial face and flex hose to get in tight spots has the triger on it to inflate and a button to deflate down to what I want, so do I trust my gage or do I trust Wayne's gage and just calc the difference with mine.

Charlie D

Back to top Go down

Post  wayne Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:19 pm

I have 3 and they all read the same, except the one that reads 2 lbs high

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post  wayne Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:17 am

I think most of it was due to, we mounted it in 87 deg weather, and the tire was sitting in the sun, about 115 deg, hot to hang on to, and the next mornning it was 50deg. that right there will drop it 5 deg.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:31 pm

Welcome Charlie D,

Any friend of wayne's is a friend of ours! Congrats on your darkside! Looks bad to the bone......or is that Moon! Oh! well.Laughing Laughing Laughing

................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave97402 Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:00 am

Charlie, great meeting you in Roseburg last weekend. Bike looks good, and nice looking tire as well!!

We stopped at Abby's pizza in Roseburg for lunch on a ride, and Charlie was sitting in the parking lot when we came out. He saw a couple X's and just wanted to say hi. Good stuff right there. Hope your ride was good. Ours ended up a 400 mile, 12 hour trip start to finish.....perfect day!!
Dave97402
Dave97402

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.eherf.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie D Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:11 pm

Nice to meet you also Dave

I got a ride in went through sutherlin, oakland, elkhead over to scotts valley then back into yoncalla then to drain, I was just putting the tire thouugh all the paces to see how it would react
Can't ask for much better tire as it did very well through out all the ride.

Charlie D

Back to top Go down

Post  wayne Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:03 pm

Whenever your down this way Dave, let us know and we can ride.

I was in Florance watching my Grandsons ball games. The wind on the coast was 35mph with 45mph gust, makes interesting rideing the X.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave97402 Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:22 pm

Will do Wayne!!
Dave97402
Dave97402

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.eherf.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum