Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

165 to the 205

3 posters

Go down

165 to the 205 Empty 165 to the 205

Post  freeindeed Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:32 am

I'm not a big poster but lurk here a lot. You guys are great. All I've learned is your fault....... Last fall I had a successful deer hunt on my 13ooR, going to work, and a 4 day hospital visit. It finished off my riding season early, but If this ever happens again, I pray I'll stay on the bike after the kill. Anyway, I continued this spring to run the kuhmo and an 880 metz in 140. I finally wore out the 165. I got 10k on it. The original rear dunlop produced a whopping 5500 miles, so I made out like a bandit with a 40 dollar rear tire. The 880 didn't yield any more mileage than the stock dunlop, 7k. I really believe that the northeast geography has a lot to do with that. I just put on the 205/70 General grabber this week.THANK YOU! 70 lbs to seat. I like it but have a wobble around 70.(New everything after winning the big buck contest) Also a new 150 metz 880. Balancing beads in both. Meanwhile, anybody have this set-up? What tire pressure you running? I have not played with it. 40lbs front/35 rear. Thanks

freeindeed

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

165 to the 205 Empty Re: 165 to the 205

Post  jedishon Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:08 pm

The stardard answer is to check your shock bushings. If the bolts are not centered on the shocks its time to replace them. From there there all types of things. (Some day one of us will take the initiative and compile the list). You just change the height of the rear by over a half inch. That angle change could even affect your windshield if you have one, and make the front end wobble. Did they replace your ball bearings in the neck with roller bearings? Stock ball bearings are junk, my schwinn bycicle has better. You will b getting a lot of other answers including your air pressure. If my front tire drops down to 38 I notice it at 100.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  freeindeed Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:08 pm

I replaced the front tire with a 150 as opposed to a stock 140 so the front is raised a touch also. I have the hondaline custom windshield. I replaced the neck bearings with the all balls tapered roller bearings, shock bushings and front springs. My son just followed me and said the bike seems to be tipped to the left a little. Could be the road. I wonder about the weight of the stock pipes. I will play with the air pressure in the tires. The wobble gets pretty intense at about 85

freeindeed

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie D Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:09 pm

I also went with the 150 on the front aired it up to 42 and road around for a week, severe wobble at around 86 indicated so I raised the tubes in by trees about 3/8 and the wobble went away.

I rechecked the preasure in the front tire and it had a drop down to 33 so I put it back up to the 40 I like but never reset the trees and ran a 1500 mile ride in the rain a week later and all was good, even scraped my hwy pegs in some of the twisties.

So check preasure first, then you may try raising the tubes in the tree a bit.

By the way I have the tapered bearings and they are about 2 years old now.

Did you set the front axel properly per the manual when the tire was put on ?????????

Charlie D

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum