Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

750 Ace Tire options

2 posters

Go down

750 Ace Tire options Empty 750 Ace Tire options

Post  Reaney in NH Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:57 am

I'm running a C/T on my Yamaha Royal Star Venture and love it. I would like to install a C/T on my Wife's 750 ACE. The ace has Spoked wheels so it will require a tube. the M/T on it now is a 170/80/15. I would like to go a little taller to improve gearing. What are my options on sizing? I would like to hear from people that are running a larger then stock C/T on the 750 ace.
Thank you for the help

Reaney in NH

Reaney in NH

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

750 Ace Tire options Empty Re: 750 Ace Tire options

Post  Steve-O Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:28 am

The Kumho 165/80-15 would be my first choice for this bike. Tried and true.

Although it's a 165 and you have a 170, it was my experience that this tire is a bit taller than the stock dunny, more tread I think.

The middle number is what makes it taller and I don't think you will find nor want to go with a larger number here. The other choice is a wider tire, but I have not seen many 195/80 and being a new to CT rider, you may want to stick with a 165 for your wife as her first CT. For ME, this tire felt a LOT like an MC tire.

Tube and dynabeads will work fine in this bike/tire.

To get real world experience, you may have to look through and PM some of the guys with 750s. Not all of them frequent this site once they have their ct installed.

Good luck!
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down