Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally got me a ct

4 posters

Go down

Finally got me a ct Empty Finally got me a ct

Post  13gator69 Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:41 pm

After saving for awhile I bought a Michelin Hydroedge 205/65R16 today. Very Happy I located the dyna beads and nitrogen fill although that's another 60 or so miles. The place where I bought the tire has a product called COUNTERBALANCE. I guess they're about the same as the Dyna Beads but are glass, they come in a 4oz bag. I'm asking if anyone has used these or not. If not I'm willing to give them a try and post my comments here. thanks,Gator
13gator69
13gator69

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Back to top Go down

Finally got me a ct Empty Re: Finally got me a ct

Post  jedishon Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:11 pm

Never heard of them, but some one has to be first......Trust me you dont need the nitrogen. Your paying for about 8% more nitrogen than normal, not worth it in my opinion......Just make sure your rim is clean so you will get a good seal

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Finally got me a ct Empty To be the 1st

Post  13gator69 Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:46 pm

jedishon wrote:Never heard of them, but some one has to be first......Trust me you dont need the nitrogen. Your paying for about 8% more nitrogen than normal, not worth it in my opinion......Just make sure your rim is clean so you will get a good seal how many would b a good amount to use,beads wise,Gator

Jerry
13gator69
13gator69

Back to top Go down

Finally got me a ct Empty bead useage?

Post  13gator69 Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:00 pm

What is a good ammount of those beads to start with? Gator
13gator69
13gator69

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:09 pm

what Uncle Jerry is saying is that the air you put in your tires from your own air compressor is 78% Nitrogen by volume of Earth's atmosphere.
You don't need to fill your tires with Nitrogen it's in there already and if you pay someone to fill your tires with pure nitrogen they will not vacuum out the air first then fill it , no they just hook up a tank and top off your tires, so what you are getting is not pure nitrogen (only about 86%) but you pay for the taught that you are getting pure nitrogen and only nitrogen.
I am an aircraft mechanic , FAA cert. A&P , and over 20 years in the US Air Force, the reason you put nitrogen in aircraft tires is when you clime to over 20,000 ft, air expands greatly but nitrogen doesn't, well not as much anyway , and heat and cold don't effect it as much. Nitrogen is an inert gaseous that will not burn or fuel a fire , like air can.
When a salesman tells you that nitrogen won't leek out as fast , just think if there is a hole in a tire big enough to let air out then anything you pump in under pressure is going to come out too.
Just trying to save you some money.
your friend, Horse

Last edited by horseman8m on Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Finally got me a ct Empty nitrogen fill

Post  13gator69 Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:17 pm

I understand that now how about these beads these guys are using, this other bead type I found is actually a very small metal ball with a silicone covering. I'm trying to figure out how much I should use to start off with,I can always put more in.Gator
13gator69
13gator69

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:04 am

3 oz for the rear should be good.
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin