Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CT vs MT - Oranges vs Oranges review

5 posters

Go down

CT vs MT - Oranges vs Oranges review Empty CT vs MT - Oranges vs Oranges review

Post  Steve-O Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:48 pm

Went riding the roads of AR with some high school buddies. Rode the pig trail near Eureka Spring amoungst other AR roads.

I have a 2004 VT1100C with a 205 CT on the back. One of my buddies has a 1998 VT1100C with a 170 dunlop on the back. He's interested in the dark side, so we swapped bikes for about 30 miles of typical AR roads.

I didn't notice much of a change in handling. I noticed the softer seat and lower windshield much more than any change in handling....even between my 205.

HE said he noticed a change in turning. but I think it was more psychological than anything else. He made the ride with us without bursting into flames, kept up..and we rode fairly aggressively.

I was kind of excited about doing this just to see if I could notice a big difference after riding on a CT for 15k miles. I dunno. It may be that I'm used to the handling, but I couldn't feel a noticeable change.

For what it's worth....
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

CT vs MT - Oranges vs Oranges review Empty Re: CT vs MT - Oranges vs Oranges review

Post  jedishon Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:15 pm

Thanks Steve. Every review wether its positive or negative has value. But I sure like hearing the positive ones......Keep em coming..

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

CT vs MT - Oranges vs Oranges review Empty Re: CT vs MT - Oranges vs Oranges review

Post  OregonMike Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:26 pm

Thanks for the review. This is the kind of thing I really like to see....now to find somebody reasonably close to me to try the same thing Smile And no, New Orleans isn't sort of close to me Rolling Eyes

I have seen spare wheels on fleabay...maybe I should pick one up & try it myself...

OregonMike

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post  simpleman77 Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:45 pm

OregonMike wrote:...now to find somebody reasonably close to me to try the same thing Smile

How 'bout Kissimmee, Florida? Nah, I guess not.

OregonMike wrote:I have seen spare wheels on fleabay...maybe I should pick one up & try it myself

You know, its not that expensive to try. With a new Federal 165/80/15 tire, tube, Dynabeads and shop installation I only have about $145 in mine. If you're ready for a new tire, it is a worthwhile roll of the dice. I figured, if I absolutely hate it, I don't have so much invested that I can't chuck it and start over.

Eric
simpleman77
simpleman77

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:54 am

If it is as you said it is. Then it becomes an economic issue now. Why would you spend twice as much for a tire that does not preform as well? It is a bump in the road. Some glad I did it. I was one of those folks that was hesitant about making the change. After all car tires are for cars, right? WRONG......

Let us know how it goes for your bud.

Peace
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum