Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leaving the darkside, lots of VTX1300 parts about to be up for sale

+4
twin1300
horseman8m
jedishon
gstanfield
8 posters

Go down

Leaving the darkside, lots of VTX1300 parts about to be up for sale Empty Leaving the darkside, lots of VTX1300 parts about to be up for sale

Post  gstanfield Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:52 pm

Well, sometime this week I will be posting an ad in the for sale section here. I will be selling off my windshield, mustang seat, sissy bar, and perhaps a few other 1300C tidbits. I am finally going to get my new bike. I went in the dealer today to see if they could order me a new 2009 Suzuki Bandit 1250ABS and while they were trying to find one (they are hard to find in this part of the country) I saw a 2007 25th anniversary Honda VFR800 sitting there all lonely. I casually asked about it knowing that the price was a few grand above the Bandit. The salesman about died when I asked. They have had it on the floor for two years and nobody around here wants a grown up's sport bike so they are having a hard time moving it. They have lowered the price down to $9,100 on it (a new one goes for $11,999) and they offered me $5,500 trade in on my 2005 VTX with 25k miles on it. I'm gonna be on shift the next few days, but next week I go back to pick it up providing the numbers all work out as he said they would. I'm gonna strip down the VTX and sell off all the stuff I bought for it so I can get some goodies for the new VFR. now I just gotta put my original wheel and tire back on the VTX and get me darkside headed in someone's direction.

So, Lord willing and the creek don't rise I'll be going from a VTX to a VFR next week. Here's a shot of what she lookes like.

Leaving the darkside, lots of VTX1300 parts about to be up for sale 2007-Honda-InterceptorVFR800FIa-small

Wish me luck.
George
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Leaving the darkside, lots of VTX1300 parts about to be up for sale Empty Re: Leaving the darkside, lots of VTX1300 parts about to be up for sale

Post  jedishon Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:20 pm

All the best George....The creek dont rise, put lights in the driveway and park that new bike right there. Good looking bike and a real good deal from what I see. Just dont be a stranger around here. And while I have your attention why not an updated picture of those twins of yours.....

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Leaving the darkside, lots of VTX1300 parts about to be up for sale Empty Re: Leaving the darkside, lots of VTX1300 parts about to be up for sale

Post  horseman8m Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:26 pm

jedishon wrote:All the best George....The creek dont rise, put lights in the driveway and park that new bike right there. Good looking bike and a real good deal from what I see. Just dont be a stranger around here. And while I have your attention why not an updated picture of those twins of yours.....

Jerry

+1 ON THAT.
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:58 pm

All the best my brother. Remember, you don't have ride a car tire to hang around....It's an attitude! All the best to you, wife, and the twins!

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  gstanfield Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:27 pm

Oh, I'll still be around, just as much as ever, except for those long trips I'll be taking to go find some twisty roads, they're only a state or two away Neutral Anyway, I'll get some pics of the girls tonight or tomorrow if I don't forget, that seems to happen at times when I'm going in a dozen different directions.

peace my bothers,
George
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  marine-mp Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:54 pm

Good-on-ya.. George. I didn't know you for long, but always looked 4-wid to your posts. You'll tire of that sport bike w/out the c/t and you'll be back shortly!!!!! Take care and be safe out there. If'n your in my AO anytime, let me know and we'll do the Dragon or the Skyway. That goes for all you folks on this board. Semper-fi Mike from Murphy, NC (backyard of the dragon!!!)

marine-mp

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:55 pm

If'n ya gotta go, what a way to go. That is some fine right there. Don't be a stranger, or is it,,,, Don't be any stranger.

Peace and blessings
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:41 pm

George, that's the one bike other than a Valk Interstate I'd want to put next to the X...maybe even trade for since the Mrs won't ride now.
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-12-14

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gstanfield Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:13 pm

marine-mp wrote:Good-on-ya.. George. I didn't know you for long, but always looked 4-wid to your posts. You'll tire of that sport bike w/out the c/t and you'll be back shortly!!!!! Take care and be safe out there. If'n your in my AO anytime, let me know and we'll do the Dragon or the Skyway. That goes for all you folks on this board. Semper-fi Mike from Murphy, NC (backyard of the dragon!!!)

I'm from Toccoa, GA and my folks still live back there. Next time I'm back in the hills I'll have to give you a shout, maybe we canget together for a ride and eat Very Happy

George
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  gstanfield Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:20 pm

Also, I'm gonna start a new thread in the classifieds so as to respect the forum, but here are the parts so far that I am selling:

Cobra Sissy bar
Memphis fats 21" windshiels
Mustang Sport tour two piece seat
GS 2-1/2" risers (same as the thin man risers, but I made them myself)

I'll get pics and prices together tomorrow and there are a few people who have already PM'd me so of course they will have top priority. I also have to talk to Smokey about the rear wheel/tire, I'll Pm ya on that question pard. There may be another part or two laying around as well as a set of "www.hardbags.com" bags that I will be getting rid of, maybe even set up a deal to paint to match for whoever buys them, still waiting to hear if my friend here local wants them or not. Anyway, I'll start another thread and send out some PM's tomorrow in regards to this stuff and whatever else I happen to run across while cleaning out the garage 🎅

George
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  MattX13 Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:21 pm

Holy crap that is cool. Love the red,white and blue! The Interceptor is my favorite sport bike af all time. I'm hoping to find a deal on a used one one of these years.

MattX13

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-05-05

http://www.wilkes.net/~ghostdog/tric441a.html

Back to top Go down

Post  gstanfield Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:24 pm

I'm thinking of painting the wheels white or maybe the front one white and the back one blue to match the lines of the paint on the bike itself. I was pretty happy to find one with .3 miels on it for $3k off the sticker price, plus a good deal on my trade in as well.

thanks,
George
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum