Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Darksider TripleTred

+2
DEFREEZER
flyingstick
6 posters

Go down

New Darksider TripleTred Empty New Darksider TripleTred

Post  flyingstick Tue May 12, 2009 11:38 pm

I've been reading your post for sometime now and I just have to try the CT. I just mounted a new Venom on the front of my 1300C. I wish I had taken pics, I used 2x4's and 4x4 blocks to mount it and put dynabeads in it to balnce it (worked like a charm.) I'm going to try and mount the CT myself first, I'll take pics through the whole process this time just in case it works. I hope my dealer has some Moly paste. Anyway I've seen that quite a few of you are running the goodyear tripletred and am wondering if it will fit on the stock rim?
Thanks, Don
flyingstick
flyingstick

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-05-12

Back to top Go down

New Darksider TripleTred Empty Re: New Darksider TripleTred

Post  DEFREEZER Wed May 13, 2009 6:51 am

I think the 205/70/15 is the largest size that will fit without some blacksmithing on the driveshaft tube. I have aftermarket exhaust on mine but have heard of some folks having to turn around the mounting bolts on their exhaust for clearance, but that may be specific to the R model. As far as the rim it will fit, but most of the time it takes alot of lube, air pressure and patience. Good luck and be safe while mounting that bad boy!
DEFREEZER
DEFREEZER

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue57 Thu May 14, 2009 1:35 pm

I have a 205/75 (Grabber) on the stock rim. I didn't have to reverse my exhaust bolts, I just added a bolt on the top side to shorten the bolt that was hanging out towards the tire.

Blue57

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post  flyingstick Thu May 14, 2009 3:49 pm

WEll, I got the goodyear TT mounted (205/65/15). It looks awesome!! Going to take some getting used to. I was'nt sure it was going to fit on the C wheel but it did. I worked about 1.5 hrs trying to mount it by hand and finally threw it in the truck and carried it to the tire shop. The gentleman who owns the store said "IT AINT GONNA TURN" Sad Broke my heart. He went up to 100 psi and still could'nt get the tire to seat, so I brought her home and put a clip on air supply to it, hid behind the wall and cranked the pressure up to 120 and WALAW!! she seated. He was very nice and only charged my $5.
YES! only 5 bucks. He did tell me however, not to bring it back cause he did'nt think it would ever come off. I rode about 12 miles the first ride and about 35 awallago. I've got about 42 psi in it and it seems to handle very well. I do seem to notice more of the shape of the highway more now.
flyingstick
flyingstick

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Thu May 14, 2009 4:03 pm

Welcome to the darkside........ Twin has the cookies

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue57 Thu May 14, 2009 6:30 pm

flyingstick wrote:WEll, I got the goodyear TT mounted (205/65/15). It looks awesome!! Going to take some getting used to. I was'nt sure it was going to fit on the C wheel but it did. I worked about 1.5 hrs trying to mount it by hand and finally threw it in the truck and carried it to the tire shop. The gentleman who owns the store said "IT AINT GONNA TURN" Sad Broke my heart. He went up to 100 psi and still could'nt get the tire to seat, so I brought her home and put a clip on air supply to it, hid behind the wall and cranked the pressure up to 120 and WALAW!! she seated. He was very nice and only charged my $5.
YES! only 5 bucks. He did tell me however, not to bring it back cause he did'nt think it would ever come off. I rode about 12 miles the first ride and about 35 awallago. I've got about 42 psi in it and it seems to handle very well. I do seem to notice more of the shape of the highway more now.

Did you use any cooking spray? Mine popped at 80 psi, but she was lubed up pretty good.

Blue57

Back to top Go down

Post  flyingstick Thu May 14, 2009 7:00 pm

Yea, used the spray, then olive oil. I actually had to break it loose and reair about 3 times. But she's ON! Very Happy
flyingstick
flyingstick

Back to top Go down

Post  kermit Fri May 15, 2009 5:42 pm

Yep, I have the 205/65R15 on my C model. It took 120 lbs to seat it, plus dish soap, heat and then vege oil. Steve put the 205/70r15 on his and only took 80 lbs to seat without all the junk. Neutral But my tire sure does ride good.
kermit
kermit

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  flyingstick Sat May 16, 2009 10:52 pm

I thought about using the 70 but after I installed the Mustang seat I was setting up an inch higher than I wanted and i was hoping the 65 would bring me down just a tad.
flyingstick
flyingstick

Back to top Go down

Post  kermit Mon May 18, 2009 2:52 am

That's exactly why I went with the 65. Since then, though, he's sent his shocks to Pony and had them cut down as well as put progressive lowering on front, that with the 205/70r15 and mustang, he sits lower than I do now.
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Mon May 18, 2009 9:07 am

welcome to the darkside, I run about 36 psi in mine. Dont be affraid to play with the pressures.

See yo uout there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

New Darksider TripleTred Empty Darkside and breaking horses

Post  flyingstick Wed May 20, 2009 12:14 pm

When my kids were small they wanted horses. Growing up we had livestock but never horses. Dad said he did'nt like to eat horses so we would'nt be feeding anything we were'nt going to eat. So I never knew anything about horses, much. The first horse I bought was in about '93. I paid $300 for him and the guy said he was green broke. He kept emphasizing the word "Green". I said Yea, Yea ok, and I bought the horse. We got him home, saddled him up, got a bit in his mouth and MAN! what a ride. For 21 days straight he bucked, kicked and bit. He taught me how to ride and I taught him how to go, turn and whoa a little bit. We never quite got that whoa down. But he did teach me a lot about horses. I'm still not sure who broke who. That was my first horse, many more followed, needless to say I never bought another "Green broke" horse.
So I'm not sure if the Dark tire is getting broke in or if I'm getting broke in or a little of both but I like it and I don't think I'll ever go back Cool Last night was the real test. New pavement with very uneven lanes, I just knew that back tire was going to throw me when I went across that new lane but even with the inch 1/2 differance she just stuck to the ground. I even think the wide tire was better than the MC tire. I've always hated those uneven lanes.
flyingstick
flyingstick

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue57 Wed May 20, 2009 5:50 pm

I agree with you, I like the ride. I know I am getting much better grip during acceleration. For me the problem is looks. I think the CT looks better on a R. IMO, too much rubber for a C. Not sure what I am going to do just yet. But the CT is staying for now.

Blue57

Back to top Go down

Post  flyingstick Wed May 20, 2009 6:51 pm

Aren't we human beings wierd. One man's junk is another man's treasure, and here I am LOVING the way it looks on my C cheers
flyingstick
flyingstick

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue57 Wed May 20, 2009 7:26 pm

Well I think part of it is because I moved my license plate. It really changed the back end.

Blue57

Back to top Go down

Post  flyingstick Wed May 20, 2009 10:18 pm

If you get a chance, post a pic of it.
flyingstick
flyingstick

Back to top Go down

Post  kermit Fri May 22, 2009 10:10 pm

I think the tripletred looks great on the C. Hubby saw mine when I brought it home and he had to have one and so did his buddy. I just wish they'd quit copying me. I'm having a hard time being original.

New Darksider TripleTred 002-3
New Darksider TripleTred 007-2
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: