Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Awesome ( 2 ) day ride through the Ga / NC Mountains...

5 posters

Go down

Awesome ( 2 ) day ride through the Ga / NC Mountains... Empty Awesome ( 2 ) day ride through the Ga / NC Mountains...

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:23 pm

Took off yesterday morning and crossed The Great Smoky Mountains and hooked up with Normandog ( Ron ) outside of Cherokee , NC . Took this shot near Newfound Gap.
Awesome ( 2 ) day ride through the Ga / NC Mountains... RidewithRon4-1617-09002Large
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Awesome ( 2 ) day ride through the Ga / NC Mountains... Empty Re: Awesome ( 2 ) day ride through the Ga / NC Mountains...

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:24 pm

Ron and I did'nt have a ride plan we just let the beautiful day take us away. I do need to apologize to Popcorn ( Don ) for not making the hook-up in Sushes,GA. This picture was taken near Blairville at Nottley Lake we also toured some of the backroads around Lake Chatuge. These are very little traveled road's that has some great sweepers and twisties as well.
Awesome ( 2 ) day ride through the Ga / NC Mountains... RidewithRon4-1617-09003Large
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Awesome ( 2 ) day ride through the Ga / NC Mountains... Empty Re: Awesome ( 2 ) day ride through the Ga / NC Mountains...

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:25 pm

Near Brasstown Bald on our way to Helen, GA. It was a beautiful day both yesterday and today for the art of motorcycling. Hwy. 180 ROCKS pretty much the whole way Smile
Awesome ( 2 ) day ride through the Ga / NC Mountains... RidewithRon4-1617-09005Large
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:26 pm

Stopped outside of Murphy,NC to check this out...One of the few bikes in this world that makes the FAT GIRL look small.This " thing " will run Shocked Check out that DarkSide Smile

Awesome ( 2 ) day ride through the Ga / NC Mountains... RidewithRon4-1617-09006Large
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:28 pm

Another shot...At one time this was at The Wheels Through Time in Maggie Valley, NC
Awesome ( 2 ) day ride through the Ga / NC Mountains... RidewithRon4-1617-09008Large
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  spud1800r Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:29 pm

didja stop in Booger Hollow?
Craig
spud1800r
spud1800r

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:29 pm

Ron and I made our way back into Robbinsville yesterday evening and thought it would be a great time to go scratch The Dragons back. We thought correct it belonged to us with no traffic and more important no Cops .Very few roads can get a adrenaline RUSH like this one when its just you and the road. What a RUSH Smile
Awesome ( 2 ) day ride through the Ga / NC Mountains... RidewithRon4-1617-09010Large
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:30 pm

Big Al showed up around midnight Ron and I had a nice warm fire going at The Phillips Motel . Al rode with us all day today and Ron showed us some of his stompin' grounds you folks that plan on being at The Fall Color Ride this year are going to really dig these awesome mountain backroads we'll be doin' this year. The area is beautiful and the roads outstanding its near The Highlands.
Awesome ( 2 ) day ride through the Ga / NC Mountains... RidewithRon4-1617-09013Large
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:31 pm

Ron my friend the pleasure was mine thanks for sharin' the wind with me again I really enjoyed both days. I had alittle over 680 miles when I parked the bike this evening. I still owe you a supper...Next time Very Happy

Awesome ( 2 ) day ride through the Ga / NC Mountains... RidewithRon4-1617-09016Large
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:37 pm

spud1800r wrote:didja stop in Booger Hollow?
Craig
We rode by but did'nt stop this picture is from last month when we rode up to Brasstown Bald and had lunch with riders from GA,NC,SC,TN,MS.
Awesome ( 2 ) day ride through the Ga / NC Mountains... BrasstownBald3-7-09005Large
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  spud1800r Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:19 pm

yup, that's it! Last fall we were ridin thru there going to Wolf Pen Gap i think it was, and I saw the sign, and we just had to stop. Got pics and t-shirts cause no one from mass. would believe us.
Can't wait for this years trip down south...maybe we can get together for a ride?
Craig
spud1800r
spud1800r

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:37 pm

spud1800r wrote:yup, that's it! Last fall we were ridin thru there going to Wolf Pen Gap i think it was, and I saw the sign, and we just had to stop. Got pics and t-shirts cause no one from mass. would believe us.
Can't wait for this years trip down south...maybe we can get together for a ride?
Craig

Sure I'd love to meet some more folks from this site let me know when you plan on coming down. I've met Smokey from here and now consider him a friend .
Awesome ( 2 ) day ride through the Ga / NC Mountains... Copy4Large
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:37 am

Thats the way this all started. A road trip to meet up with some folks and through that I have made several friends. I knew when we met Toasted on my way south to meet Twin, Muntz and Tanglefoot that this motorcycling thing was definately for me. I had not laughed so much around strangers in my life. Most fun I've had with my clothes on Very Happy Very Happy Meeting SmokinJoe, was another highlight. We laughed and found we have a lot in common, except he can ride and I wanna Embarassed Laughing Laughing Riding 120 miles to meet Wiggans50cal on his way to his girlfriends (Daniel give me a call) All those at the darkside rally last year. I have definately enriched my life through motorcycling. And more so with the darkside. I have found that the darksiders tend to ride their cruisers and tourers a tad bit harder than their mc equipped counterparts. Sure that may be a biased opinion but yall tell me I am wrong. There are a lot more folks on here that I want to meet. Friends ????? Yeah Friends!!!!!

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  marine-mp Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:43 am

Smokin'joe,
You passed thru my neck of the wood, then!!! The big blue scoot that you have pictured is in Andrews at the Cherokee County Cycles on 64. Saw it running when it was at Wheels Thru Time. Let me know when you come out this way again. Glad you enjoyed the nice day.

Spud1800r,
I grew up in your area and still have a few friends there in Rochdale. Ate many-a-meal at the Mass 10 Truck Stop!!!! Grew up and lived in Pascoag, R.I. for 38 years. Let me know when you come down this way again. We'll put some good miles on!!! Semper-fi

marine-mp

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  spud1800r Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:50 pm

Marine-MP---you got it! I live about 2 miles from Rochdale. It was slammed hard during the ice storm last December. I grew up in Auburn just down the road from the Mass 10...damn that brings back memories. Laughing
Murphy, NC, ain't that where that long-ass straightaway is? Gotta be the longest straight section of road in the state!!
Craig
spud1800r
spud1800r

Back to top Go down

Post  marine-mp Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:58 pm

Spud1800r,
Yup!!! Thats probably the only straight stretch of blacktop in these mountains. Between Andrews an Murphy!!!!!!! A person can turn the wick up a bit on that stretch! lol Sorry about the bad ice storms, dude!!! My brother lives in N. Smithfield, RI and said the same. Lots of white stuff an ice. Several of my friends worked for Arrow Gas in Rochdale. Do the names Billy Stoddard or Pete and Kenny Doane sound familiar??? I was a tractor-trailor dricer for E. Osterman Gas out of Northbridge, Mass. Well, take car and keep in touch and let me know when you get down this way. My wife and I will be riding up that way in August to visit family. Semper-fi Mike

marine-mp

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  spud1800r Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:44 am

Marine-MP I'll give you a yell when we confirm a date, and lemme know when you'll be up here, cup a joe and a ride would be in order.
Craig
spud1800r
spud1800r

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:02 am

Awesome ( 2 ) day ride through the Ga / NC Mountains... BrasstownBald3-7-09005Large

I have been there....."Population 7 counting one coon dog"..... Very Happy

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down