Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Converted Another!

5 posters

Go down

Converted Another! Empty Converted Another!

Post  ttexastim Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:31 am

I just helped my friend go to the darkside. I think the Yamaha forum on this board helped him more. He got a yokohoma tire (don't know the exact size) and last night he seated it himself at 110 pounds. He used the industrial soap stuff that tire shops use and it worked good for him. Also, he's on a spoked rim, and he seated it with the tube.

Tonight I'm going to give him the dynabeads I got for my bike and never installed (due to the fact that I seated the tire with bearing grease). He rides a Yamaha 650 V-Twin Classic. I'm not sure if he'll get a voice here or not, but he's excited to ride with the tire. Those yokohoma's look pretty badass!

This site is pretty much the bible for darksiders. What a great place! Thanks to everyone for great write ups and for everyone's willingness to help others.
ttexastim
ttexastim

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Converted Another! Empty Re: Converted Another!

Post  twin1300 Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:11 pm

Awesome news! Tell him we said congrats!

I don't know what's made us the magnet, but other sites have been around longer than us!... Very Happy

.......................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:12 pm

Invite him along for the meet and greet.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  wayne Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:55 pm

Wife has a 1100 v-star. Ive been thinking about puting a 205-65-15 on hers and not telling her, and see if she notices the diferance and see if she likes it.
the v-star is a bear to get the tire off and on, thats why I havent done it yet. Also going to seal the rim when I get it off.
Im not sure a 205 will fit under the fender of a 1100 v-star. The rims are 4in. 1/2 in wider than our 1300s.

wayne

Number of posts : 623

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:25 pm

I'm not sure if there is enough room for a 205. He went with the Yokohoma 185/65/15. After he installs it back on the bike, I'll make sure he tells me how much clearance he has with the 185. The skinny fender on those classics makes me wonder if a 205 will work.

Also ... I'm interested to see if his light 650 makes him really notice a difference in countersteering. I preped him that it might. For those of us with heavier bikes, it's not really a change cuz we're doing that a lot anyway. I'll report back what he says (or I'll just get him to get a voice here and report himself!).
ttexastim
ttexastim

Back to top Go down

Post  wayne Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:54 pm

I think Im going to find out. Very Happy
Dont know when it will happen, Im spending alot of time out of town.
Some 205 s are not as wide as others.
The v-stars are a kick to ride, they handle very well, alot better than the vtxs.
The 1100 my wife has goes like a raped ape, it will stay with the 1300 up to about 80 and then I start pulling. I put a Max air kit on it and got rid of the air box under the tank, and it has two k&ns sitting on top of the carbs, went from about a 124 main in each of the carbs to a 145, she goes, and the wife aint afraid to twist it, her top speed on it was 105 and it will go faster, I didnt tell her that I know it will go faster. If you know what I mean. Very Happy But at 54, she like to ride the twisties.

wayne

Number of posts : 623

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:25 pm

Put the dynabeads in my friends tire. It looks really good.

He told me that he doubts a 205 will fit. He said that with his old MC tire, he only had like an inch of clearance between the tire and the shaft drive. He said that the shaft drive will most likely be in the way. Once he installs his 185, I'll be sure to post how much clearance he has between the tire and the shaft drive.
ttexastim
ttexastim

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:08 pm

Get on and ride. This is what it is about..

Peace and thanks for the write up.
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down