Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

premature, or found the sweet spot?

+2
jedishon
Otis56
6 posters

Go down

premature, or found the sweet spot? Empty premature, or found the sweet spot?

Post  Otis56 Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:12 am

I didn't get to ride ride over the weekend, except to work, but did get to clean up the bike from the winter road grime,, ended by checking the tire presure. The c/t (a federal) had lost 1lb of air, so rather than going back up to 41lbs, I dropped the presure down to 39lbs. Reason for this was / is to search out the best air presure for this "smaller darksider".
I was hoping to achieve that softer hwy ride, yet still not lose the grip found with 41lbs, or enhance the grip some. I think I have it. Only after 23 miles with only 3lbs of presure less I was unprepared for the amount of difference in the ride and the grip of the tire in cornering. It was more than I expected. Very Happy

mark f

the smaller darksider
Otis56
Otis56

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Back to top Go down

premature, or found the sweet spot? Empty Re: premature, or found the sweet spot?

Post  jedishon Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:26 pm

congrafts on finding your sweet spot Mark.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

premature, or found the sweet spot? Empty Re: premature, or found the sweet spot?

Post  Badmoon Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:37 pm

Ding, Ding, Ding. We have a winner. You found it. That is just about the same area Im in.

Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  jackholl Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:52 pm

Glad to hear about the sweet spot. I'm also running a smaller darkside (kumho) and so far love it. I've been running 40 psi.

Jack

jackholl

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppawolf Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:55 pm

I am down to 36psi. Trying it to save the center of the tire, but also like the softer ride. So far nothing bad to say about it. Just let us know what you get to and how you like it.

DB
Poppawolf
Poppawolf

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:48 am

I run 36 in my toyo tpt4. I have folks tell me all the time that I have a flat, as it does sit a bit like it is low when on the sidestand. But throwing that big bitch through the twisties and digging through I just love the way it grips and rides, 36 is definately the sweet spot for me.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Otis56 Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:15 pm

I really concentrated on the soft/smoother ride that 39lbs gives me. Many/ most of the roads have a decent bump at the junction with bridges, and these seemed less of a jarring when crossed now. I only had 1 good twisty(L&R) and it felt like I went thru it today a little faster, the same with a long sweeping curve too. So far cheers

mark f
the smaller darksider (smaller bike,not tire)
Otis56
Otis56

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down