Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No bashing, just couldn't resist.

2 posters

Go down

No bashing, just couldn't resist. Empty No bashing, just couldn't resist.

Post  yank Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:54 pm

Harley Davidson - Screamin' Eagle
Engine Defect Investigation
Email this page Print this page

The national consumer law firm of Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, LLP, is currently investigating consumer complaints regarding Harley-Davidson Screamin' Eagle motorcycle engines. Screamin' Eagle motorcycles are a line of high-end Harley-Davidson bikes, which typically cost upwards of $30,000.
Description of the Alleged Defect in H-D Screamin' Eagles

The current investigation concerns an alleged defect referred to as the CVO, Screamin' Eagle or 110" defect (CVO 110 cubic inch engine). Consumers have experienced problems with their Screamin' Eagle bikes that include:

* oil leaks at rear cylinder (most of the oil leaks seem to appear by the first 5,000 miles)
* rear cylinder head gasket failure
* burning oil
* engine stalls, and
* overheating engines.

Screamin' Eagle Model Years Under Investigation

This alleged defect appears to affect at least 2007 and 2008 Screamin' Eagle models, but may affect earlier models as well. The new 2009 model appears to have an improved design.

The affected models include:

2007 - FLHRSE3 Screamin' Eagle Road King
2007 - FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic Electra Glide
2007 - FXDSE Screamin' Eagle Dyna
2007 - FXSTSSE Screamin' Eagle Softail Spring
2008 - FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
2008 - FLHTCUSE3 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic Electra Glide
2008 - FXDSE2 Screamin' Eagle Dyna
2008 - FXSTSSE2 Screamin' Eagle Softail Spring
Harley-Davidson Screamin' Eagle Recall Letter

On August 13, 2008, Harley-Davidson sent a recall letter to owners of 2007 & 2008 Screamin' Eagle motorcycle owners. The recall, referred to as Product Program 0906, promises to "upgrade" the top end gaskets, center crankcase bolt, and the Automatic Compressor Release of certain 2007 and 2008 models built before May 14, 2008. However, based upon the alleged CVO defect, the solution the company is providing is inadequate to solve the inherent problem with the affected models of the Screamin' Eagles.

Doug
yank
yank

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Back to top Go down

No bashing, just couldn't resist. Empty Re: No bashing, just couldn't resist.

Post  Badmoon Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:06 pm

No bashing here, but have you ever met a harley that did not leak. If you say yes, I say BS. Had them, rode them. They are the reason I have a HONDA.

Peace.
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum