Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about 1800r rear fender

2 posters

Go down

Question about 1800r rear fender Empty Question about 1800r rear fender

Post  rtoledo Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:01 am

Hy guys I hope this is not a double post as I lost one I was composing and could not find it here.

my 6 month old tire has about 1/2" gash and another piece of metal too, so I'm finally goin to the darkside.

I looked around here and the hydroedge is going for about 133.00 . I'm probably going with it, just want to ask you guys if the 205/65r16 fit without any problems on the 2006 1800r.

all comments welcomed
below is a picture of it as it is now, I put a can of that green slime and then ended putting a can of the reular tire fix a flat too, the green stuff was coming out of the gash like crazy. click on the picture and it takes you to picasa and then click on it again to see it full size so you can see my rear fender.

thank you all in advanced

VTX 1800 pictures
rtoledo
rtoledo

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Question about 1800r rear fender Empty Re: Question about 1800r rear fender

Post  nodakbassmaster Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:20 am

yup, it'll fit fine. While putting it on double check clearance on the inner fenderbrace "lip" just in case, I took mine off just because and most don't have a problem, just something to keep in mind
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  rtoledo Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:00 pm

nodakbassmaster wrote:yup, it'll fit fine. While putting it on double check clearance on the inner fenderbrace "lip" just in case, I took mine off just because and most don't have a problem, just something to keep in mind

ok thanks I'm taking it to my local honda dealer where I bought it, they said yes they have put car tires before and they charge 80.00 I'm paying just to get it done today , can't do it myself and I'm in a bit of a hurry.

I read somewhere that when the wheel is taken off you have to replenish the special greae in the rear ??? do you know if this is true so I can mention it to the dealer guy? Embarassed
rtoledo
rtoledo

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:00 pm

it would be a good idea to have them grease the splines with the wheel is off, yes. Wink
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rtoledo Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:10 pm

nodakbassmaster wrote:it would be a good idea to have them grease the splines with the wheel is off, yes. Wink

I mentioned it to them in between many " yes I'm sure it's not too wide and will work"

I drove it home and it felt great my wife followed me the whole time, I could tell they left it low on air as they did the day I drove out of the dealer with it new and 25psi in the tires , they felt like the sidewalls were going to collapse in. so I stopped at the gas station and put in 45, rides great

I will have to grind the right side lip on the inner fender support since I'm a 300lb and the wife hefty too, it ended up rubbing when we went 2 up 30 minutes later.

so now to buy a lift and do the deed.

From 2-19-09-------777
rtoledo
rtoledo

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:27 pm

Congrats!! Cool Cool try it down around 40PSi, it might be a better mix of air pressure and cushion... Wink
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rtoledo Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:14 pm

nodakbassmaster wrote:Congrats!! Cool Cool try it down around 40PSi, it might be a better mix of air pressure and cushion... Wink

I'M going to keep playing with pressures, but I tried 3 so far and I think 40 to 45 is my favorite so far.

I hope it's allowed to post pictures here, ADMIN move these to a better place if need be, here is a few photos of removing the rear fender and the bracket I grinded, hope the pictures do the job od showing the area I grinded down

From Recently Updated
From Recently Updated
From Recently Updated
From Recently Updated
From Recently Updated

we just got back from a ride to the coast on Pacific Coast Highway and it was sweet.

thank you all for the info you have provided to us newbies and to dare to think freely I love it!
rtoledo
rtoledo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down