Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Car Tire on Bike

5 posters

Go down

Car Tire on Bike Empty Car Tire on Bike

Post  TX_DISABLED_VET Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:08 pm

Can anyone tell me if they have mounted a 165/80/15, on their bike and if so how does it handle. Alot of motorcycle shops I have talked to, say DONT do it because you will not be able to handle corners cause of the flat surface on the car tire. Also they won even mount them on your bike if you have one, because they say of liability. Can any one help me out before I fork out any more money. Thanks scratch
TX_DISABLED_VET
TX_DISABLED_VET

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Car Tire on Bike Empty Re: Car Tire on Bike

Post  smokey2255 Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:46 pm

Tx vet, the 165-80 is a great tire, many here have mounted that tire and had really good luck from it. Don't stress about the shop guys that have never tried it. We get a lot of nay sayers that quit naysaying once they try it. Some members here have taken their rim off and take it and tire to the shop and tell em its for a drag bike. They get it mounted with no sweat.

Good luck

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  TX_DISABLED_VET Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:05 pm

smokey2255 wrote:Tx vet, the 165-80 is a great tire, many here have mounted that tire and had really good luck from it. Don't stress about the shop guys that have never tried it. We get a lot of nay sayers that quit naysaying once they try it. Some members here have taken their rim off and take it and tire to the shop and tell em its for a drag bike. They get it mounted with no sweat.

Good luck

See you out there
Smokey
Great, How does it handle on curves and also is it dangerous. My concern is that the mech said it will not take curves good and you will end up laying your bike down. Thanks again for your help.AWESOME FORUM AND FRIENDS lol!
TX_DISABLED_VET
TX_DISABLED_VET

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:25 pm

Tx vet, your tech is just as full of shit as all the trolls out there. We are pushing 1000 members here, that is just the ones that come here. There are thousands upon thousands of darksiders out there that dont know about us. We are logging hundreds of thousands of miles on car tires without any tire related accidents. The 180-65 is actually the closest handling to acting like a mc tire that we have found. At all times with what ever car tire you use the tire will have more contact with the road. I started with the 180-65 and regularly drag hard parts on my bike. I ride it much harder with th car tire than ever did with a MC tire, mainly because of the confidence the tire gives. I can promise you that when you do it, you will not regret it. I will never put a MC tire on any cruiser I own.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TX_DISABLED_VET Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:34 pm

smokey2255 wrote:Tx vet, your tech is just as full of shit as all the trolls out there. We are pushing 1000 members here, that is just the ones that come here. There are thousands upon thousands of darksiders out there that dont know about us. We are logging hundreds of thousands of miles on car tires without any tire related accidents. The 180-65 is actually the closest handling to acting like a mc tire that we have found. At all times with what ever car tire you use the tire will have more contact with the road. I started with the 180-65 and regularly drag hard parts on my bike. I ride it much harder with th car tire than ever did with a MC tire, mainly because of the confidence the tire gives. I can promise you that when you do it, you will not regret it. I will never put a MC tire on any cruiser I own.

See you out there
Smokey
ok Im sold on the tire lol...Now im confussed on the size..I have a 2002 Honda Shadow 750 ACE with spoke rims. Do i use a 165/80/15 or the 180/65/15 you just talked about. Thanks so much Roger
TX_DISABLED_VET
TX_DISABLED_VET

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:42 pm

TX_DISABLED_VET wrote:
smokey2255 wrote:Tx vet, your tech is just as full of shit as all the trolls out there. We are pushing 1000 members here, that is just the ones that come here. There are thousands upon thousands of darksiders out there that dont know about us. We are logging hundreds of thousands of miles on car tires without any tire related accidents. The 180-65 is actually the closest handling to acting like a mc tire that we have found. At all times with what ever car tire you use the tire will have more contact with the road. I started with the 180-65 and regularly drag hard parts on my bike. I ride it much harder with th car tire than ever did with a MC tire, mainly because of the confidence the tire gives. I can promise you that when you do it, you will not regret it. I will never put a MC tire on any cruiser I own.

See you out there
Smokey
ok Im sold on the tire lol...Now im confussed on the size..I have a 2002 Honda Shadow 750 ACE with spoke rims. Do i use a 165/80/15 or the 180/65/15 you just talked about. Thanks so much Roger

Roger, sorry about that ... i meant the 165-80-15, dyslexic errrr sumpin like it got ahold of me.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TX_DISABLED_VET Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:56 pm

smokey2255 wrote:
TX_DISABLED_VET wrote:

See you out there
Smokey

Roger, sorry about that ... i meant the 165-80-15, dyslexic errrr sumpin like it got ahold of me.

See you out there
Smokey

lmao ok Smokey. Thanks again. I found a web sight called the tire rack that has the tire for 45.00+ shipping. Think I will get it..Ride safe and wish you and your better half a great year. Roger
TX_DISABLED_VET
TX_DISABLED_VET

Back to top Go down

Post  Otis56 Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:57 pm

yep the 165/80/15 works real well, now over 2k miles on it with a tube( on my vlx) no problems, no air leakage, nothing but good results.

mark f

the smaller darksider
Otis56
Otis56

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:05 am

smokey2255 wrote:Tx vet, the 165-80 is a great tire, many here have mounted that tire and had really good luck from it. Don't stress about the shop guys that have never tried it. We get a lot of nay sayers that quit naysaying once they try it. Some members here have taken their rim off and take it and tire to the shop and tell em its for a drag bike. They get it mounted with no sweat.

Good luck

See you out there
Smokey

+1 What Smokey said. I ran the 165/80/15 for a 1 1/2 years. Loved it!

.....................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689

Back to top Go down

Post  TX_DISABLED_VET Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:54 pm

When I put the 165/80/15 on my bike, Do I need to run with or without a tube? Thanks Roger
TX_DISABLED_VET
TX_DISABLED_VET

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:13 pm

If you have tubes in yoiur current bike, you'll need tubes. if you have spoke rims, you need tubes (or seal the rim). The 165 is a great tire by the way. That was my first CT.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Car Tire on Bike Empty Inner tubes

Post  TX_DISABLED_VET Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:41 pm

Ok I went and bought the 165/80/15 for mt bike. Now I fave a problem on trying to find a inner tube for it..Any one know of a web sight that I might be able to get one at..Thanks Roger
TX_DISABLED_VET
TX_DISABLED_VET

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:52 am

Roger, the tube in your bike now will work. No special tube needed.
Good luck

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TX_DISABLED_VET Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:09 am

smokey2255 wrote:Roger, the tube in your bike now will work. No special tube needed.
Good luck

See you out there
Smokey

Thanks smokey :cyclops:
TX_DISABLED_VET
TX_DISABLED_VET

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content