Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible New Gold Wing GL1800 members Coming this way!

5 posters

Go down

Possible New Gold Wing GL1800 members  Coming this way! Empty Possible New Gold Wing GL1800 members Coming this way!

Post  DS-Wing-Nut Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:46 am

Attention: Twin, and the rest of the admins and moderators,

there is a big stink going on over at the GL1800riders.com website and the "Darksiders" forum we have there as well.

http://www.gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200295

there are some trolls and other users that like to get in there and "naysay", "stir the pot" etc....

they are threatening to close the forum and delete all posts..... (this would be a LOSS for sure.)

I of course don't care about the naysayers or pot stirrers as I know what my CT does and can do. I'm beyond the "will it work" stage... SO, I just ignore them and offer up info when I feel it's appropriate and legititmate. I don't even talk about my tires much any more when I am out. I try not to put empahsis on them when riding with groups, but if someone notices and ask then of course I'm willing to talk about it and answer questions as long as it is positive and information seeking type questions.

So.... Just thought I'd pass on this info that if if does close there might be an influx of new members here from there.

BTW... my 52 mile ride commute to work on my CAR TIRE was AWESOME of course.... OK OK OK... I couldn't help myself.

Cheers to the DARKSIDE!!,

DS-Wing-Nut
David W.

p.s. I'm am DFWpilot on GL1800riders.com
DS-Wing-Nut
DS-Wing-Nut

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Back to top Go down

Possible New Gold Wing GL1800 members  Coming this way! Empty Re: Possible New Gold Wing GL1800 members Coming this way!

Post  jedishon Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:40 am

All riders have always been welcome here in the past, even non darksiders just wanting information. Trolls get booted as soon as they show up.
If you have info that you would like to save and have available for any that are interested, I would send a PM to Smokey and see if a thread can be set up where you could do a cut and paste from the other site.
I am puting this here rather than in a PM so others will see it and you will not get bombarded with tons of PM's.
Good luck on the other board.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Possible New Gold Wing GL1800 members  Coming this way! Empty Re: Possible New Gold Wing GL1800 members Coming this way!

Post  Daniel Meyer Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:37 am

Yeah, I frequently get "not so nice" emails from members over there. That argument's been going on for a while. They've seen my Darkwing article. Seems this stuff just "can't work".

Possible New Gold Wing GL1800 members  Coming this way! Dswingnewtireclose
Daniel Meyer
Daniel Meyer

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2007-12-25

http://lifeisaroad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:09 pm

Daniel Meyer wrote:Yeah, I frequently get "not so nice" emails from members over there. That argument's been going on for a while. They've seen my Darkwing article. Seems this stuff just "can't work".

Possible New Gold Wing GL1800 members  Coming this way! Dswingnewtireclose

Wow! What kind of tire is that????? Nice! Send them this way! They got a home if they want it!

Yes, you got the same old guys starting the same old c**p! Just trying to wreck some one else world because they can't rule their own...................... Laughing Laughing Laughing Why should they care what we ride!...... Wink

...............bobby
'

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:28 pm

I'm about to make a Goldwinger a mod for the GW section. If you guys want to copy and paste any of the info from there to here feel free to.

I would but I'm not sure what all you'd like brought over to here.

Welcome to all the new Goldwingers. We try to be 100% troll free and won't put up with it.

Come on in guys.

Joe
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-12-14

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DS-Wing-Nut Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:16 pm

Toasted_311 wrote:I'm about to make a Goldwinger a mod for the GW section. If you guys want to copy and paste any of the info from there to here feel free to.
Joe

Toasted, have you received my two emails about the MOD position for the GW section?
I'm still interested unless you have another in mind...

thanks,

David W.
DS-Wing-Nut
DS-Wing-Nut

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum