Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone else ride Christmas day?

+5
Badmoon
twistedrcpilot
draXula
jedishon
Toasted_311
9 posters

Go down

Anyone else ride Christmas day? Empty Anyone else ride Christmas day?

Post  Toasted_311 Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:27 pm

I managed to squeeze in 100 or so miles between breakfast with her folks and a mid afternoon lunch with mine.

Had to check on my aunt's house since she's stuck in Reno and was surprised with how empty all the streets were. And since I've only really been commuting lately I haven't been paying attention to the speedo much.

Thankfully the MPD officer on Popular Ave was in the Christmas Spirit. cheers Just a touch over the 45 limit. Cool (68)

It was a nice 54 and sunny. I did see 3 other bikes, one was even loaded with presents. That's my kinda Santa. Very Happy
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-12-14

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Anyone else ride Christmas day? Empty Re: Anyone else ride Christmas day?

Post  jedishon Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:55 pm

Ride, ya I sat on my bike in the garage and went vrooom vrooom vrooom. My garage door is frozen shut.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  draXula Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:49 pm

Nope. My bike is in pieces. The front end off for all balls replacement and prog. springs. Adding a fuse block and more lights. And it's supposed to be 70 tomorrow. Shocked bill
draXula
draXula

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:00 pm

Heck, it's in the upper 60s right now. I rode to work in a tshirt, vest and half helmet...first time for that in over 2 months.
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  twistedrcpilot Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:42 pm

I'll probably get some pies thrown at me, but here goes. My brother and i rode over 200 miles. It was a foggy 70 degrees all day long. On the way home it was so foggy, we looked like we were in rain.

Got about 2000 miles on the ct.

twistedrcpilot

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:16 am

I got in a short one in as well. About 150 miles. It was the only time I got to ride when I was home this trip in. All the family was home for the holidays and there was not enough room in the Tahoe's for me. Dang-it. I had to volinteer to ride alone to the Ma-in-laws. Bumber, Huh? Got fussed cause it took me an hour and a half to make a 45 minute drive. I took the long way. The weather was nice and about 68 degrees. No traffic and roads were dry. I wanted to stay on the road. Just me and the bike. Like I said I am blessed. Hope the rest of yall had as much fun as I did.

Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:19 pm

Yes I did ..... after all the hoopla was overwith I decided it was time for a little Xmas gift to myself. 26 degrees and it was clear out. I bundled up in my carharts and away I went. I even managed to take the long way in to work. Normally a 50 mile ride but it stretched out to about an 80 mile ride in. On the way home that night the temp had dropped to 22. I took the sled straight on to the house. There are way too many of them forrest rats running around to get too carried away with the night riding. I only saw 11 deer out on the way home but they were all out of the roadways. The one that got my attention was the lonely doe I that decided to walk out on me on my way to work, yeah you know, .... riding along in the middle of the afternoon enjoying the first ride in about 6 weeks ... not a care in the world ..... HELLO... dumbass. Just cause it was 1 in the afternoon sure don't mean the deer are all bedded down. That doe brought me crashing back to reality. 80 down to 20 just as hard as my mistress would shut down, a little evasive manuever after the shutdown and I was back on the throttle. Yup 55 will do for the rest of the ride.

Yall have a happy new year ......... it's time to bring the mistress into the dining room again for her next round of cosmetic surgery ...... she's not liking the rotten pumpkin look

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post  KYVTX1300 Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:55 pm

I got in 200 miles today, but nothing on Thursday. Too many Family things going on.
KYVTX1300
KYVTX1300

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2007-12-16

http://www.wccauto.com/gallery/Motorcycle/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassie Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:40 am

smokey2255 wrote:Yes I did ..... after all the hoopla was overwith I decided it was time for a little Xmas gift to myself. 26 degrees and it was clear out. I bundled up in my carharts and away I went. I even managed to take the long way in to work. Normally a 50 mile ride but it stretched out to about an 80 mile ride in. On the way home that night the temp had dropped to 22. I took the sled straight on to the house. There are way too many of them forrest rats running around to get too carried away with the night riding. I only saw 11 deer out on the way home but they were all out of the roadways. The one that got my attention was the lonely doe I that decided to walk out on me on my way to work, yeah you know, .... riding along in the middle of the afternoon enjoying the first ride in about 6 weeks ... not a care in the world ..... HELLO... dumbass. Just cause it was 1 in the afternoon sure don't mean the deer are all bedded down. That doe brought me crashing back to reality. 80 down to 20 just as hard as my mistress would shut down, a little evasive manuever after the shutdown and I was back on the throttle. Yup 55 will do for the rest of the ride.

Yall have a happy new year ......... it's time to bring the mistress into the dining room again for her next round of cosmetic surgery ...... she's not liking the rotten pumpkin look

See you out there
Smokey

Not gonna argue, I wont win if he says its coming in its coming in.. Rolling Eyes
Cassie
Cassie
crazy person

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:02 am

Cassie did you ever finish your FBI training? Or did you quit after finding out how to kill a spouse?

stumble from the biker_haven site gave me a trunk with custom lighting. Now I have to think of hard bags and a windshield. Gonna be a good year.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  greyboyfan Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:19 pm

I rode down to the car wash and sprayed some of the salty crap off of it, but Wife didn't want to go anywhere. I don't know why,...it was 50 something and sunny. I did ride 50 miles or so the next evening. Even here in SW mo, we had the craziest weather the last couple of days. Friday night, it was 70 degrees with like 40 mph wind clear up till 10:00 pm. I was out riding till then, but as usuall, that kind of stuff just precedes a thunder storm and sure enough, Saturday morning we had a Whole line of them W/ tornados and all come blowing thru. Shocked
greyboyfan
greyboyfan

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum