Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wobble at higher speeds.

3 posters

Go down

Wobble at higher speeds. Empty Wobble at higher speeds.

Post  wiggans50cal Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:00 pm

Recently I noticed that at higher speeds, 75+ the bike is a little touchy. It does not do the wobble by itself but if the wind blows on my chest and moves my arms it will start the wobble and it gets fairly radical and very sensitive at 90+. I was told that I should probably replace the shock bushings, so I did this and got my hopes up to soon. It does the same thing that it did before. I noticed this wobble a little after I got my ME880 front tire put on (factory size) but soon after got a new back tire (205/70-15 general grabber UHP) as well that was a little taller so I dont know if it changed any or not after the new rear tire. Since my back tire is a little taller should I get the shocks cut 1/2" or so to correct the fork angle in relation to the ground? It makes since to me that this would help the wobble. From having sport bikes I know messing with tire heights can be very touchy and effect handle bar stability. What do you guys think?

wiggans50cal

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Wobble at higher speeds. Empty Re: Wobble at higher speeds.

Post  wiggans50cal Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:02 pm

im running 37LBS in the back and 36 in front right now. I have played with the pressure up and down and the wobble does not change. Oh, and the wobble almost completely goes away when I have my 115LB girlfriend on the back. Does this prove my theory about the fork to ground angle?

wiggans50cal

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:48 am

I'm going through the same thing. But I have narrowed it down to the windshield. I wish I had an answer for you....

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Hudi Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:49 am

did you ever replace your steering bearings? since i did that, bike runs like a dream.

Hudi

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum