Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any darksiders here going to the Fayetteville Arkansas blues and barbeque

5 posters

Go down

Any darksiders here going to the Fayetteville Arkansas blues and barbeque Empty Any darksiders here going to the Fayetteville Arkansas blues and barbeque

Post  papa Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:33 pm

I plan on going from the 26th-27th. It will be my first time there. It looks like it is going to be a lot of fun.
Here is just a tid bit of info on the rally.
Fayetteville Arkansas is located in the Northwest Arkansas in the Ozark Mountains, so the ride in and riding around in the area especially during the fall changing of colors is great. Next, is the small downtown area of Fayetteville itself which is a perfect place to hold the Bikes Blues rally. Although the town is small, having around only 120K residents, downtown Dickson Street (the center of the rally) is very attractive. It is difficult to describe, but in a lush area that is architecturally developed/redeveloped well with a number of bars, pubs, and places to eat is a good time to enjoy some food and drink, relax, and people watch.

When the Bikes Blues BBQ promoters say that this is the fastest growing rally, it is not an exaggeration. Notably, if the Fayetteville rally was allowed to expand to both streets running parallel to Dickson Street it would quickly grow from 350K to easily over 500K in two years. That being said, Fayetteville Bikes Blues and Barbeque is on of the Major 2008 Bike Rallies List.
Bikes Blues and Barbeque Attractions
Some of the best attractions of the Fayetteville Bikes Blues and BBQ rally is, again, what is going on along Dickson Street. Bikes are lined up and cruising up down Dickson Street, the little bars and restaurants, good people enjoying the event, and of course the barbeque. Vendors are set up in various parking lots that surround the areas, but we note this as a different thing that is good.

Besides the area attractions, the Fayetteville rally has live music from a number the regional bands with a beer garden surrounding the area. There are poker runs, a motorcycle parade, Ms. Bikes, Blues & BBQ contest, and of course the Barbeque cook off.

papa

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-06-27

Back to top Go down

Any darksiders here going to the Fayetteville Arkansas blues and barbeque Empty RE RALLY

Post  Larry Simpson Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:38 am

BEEN THERE A COUPLE OF TIMES STARTING IN 2004 AND AGAIN IN 06. LOOK FOR LONG LINES EVERYWHERE YOU GO AND SHOULDER TO SHOULDER ON STREETS (LOTS OF BOOTHS SELLING ABOUT ANYTHING YOU WANT) LOTS OF NEW BIKES ON DISPLAY. IF YOU GET A CHANCE RIDE SOUTH OUT OF TOWN ON OLD 71 TOWARDS FORTSMITH TAKES YOU DOWN THE MOUNTAIN. IT IS A NICE RIDE. YOU CAN COME BACK UP SUPER HIGHWAY THAT RUNS PARALEL TO 71 (540) CHECK OUT DEVILS DEN STATE PARK JUST WEST OF 540 IT IS MARKED.TIGHTEST SWITCHBACKS I HAVE EVER SEEN.RIDE SAFE AND HAVE FUN LARRY S.
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Any darksiders here going to the Fayetteville Arkansas blues and barbeque Empty Re: Any darksiders here going to the Fayetteville Arkansas blues and barbeque

Post  papa Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:34 am

Larry Simpson wrote:BEEN THERE A COUPLE OF TIMES STARTING IN 2004 AND AGAIN IN 06. LOOK FOR LONG LINES EVERYWHERE YOU GO AND SHOULDER TO SHOULDER ON STREETS (LOTS OF BOOTHS SELLING ABOUT ANYTHING YOU WANT) LOTS OF NEW BIKES ON DISPLAY. IF YOU GET A CHANCE RIDE SOUTH OUT OF TOWN ON OLD 71 TOWARDS FORTSMITH TAKES YOU DOWN THE MOUNTAIN. IT IS A NICE RIDE. YOU CAN COME BACK UP SUPER HIGHWAY THAT RUNS PARALEL TO 71 (540) CHECK OUT DEVILS DEN STATE PARK JUST WEST OF 540 IT IS MARKED.TIGHTEST SWITCHBACKS I HAVE EVER SEEN.RIDE SAFE AND HAVE FUN LARRY S.
Thanks for the advise. I am in cookson ok, so fort smith is just a short jogg away. I will take 71 from fort smith to Fayetteville. There is some awsome ridding country over here. Thanks again. Larry Wade

papa

Back to top Go down

Any darksiders here going to the Fayetteville Arkansas blues and barbeque Empty RE RALLY

Post  Larry Simpson Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:07 am

WE RIDE THAT DIRECTION OFTEN, 3 DARKSIDERS MEETING IN MUSKOGEE 8:00 SAT. MORNING (WEATHER PERMITTING) HEADING SOMEWHERE NORTH EAST. DIDN'T PUT RIDE TOGETHER SO DON'T KNOW WHERE EXACTLY WE ARE GOING.(WE USUALY WILL RUN 300 - 550 MILES WHEN WE TAKE OFF. YOU AND ANYONE ELSE ARE WELCOME TO JOIN IN IF INTERESTED.(WE ARE ALL STABLE WELL GROUNDED GUYS WITH NO ISSUES. JUST OUT FOR GOOD RIDE) LARRY S.
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Back to top Go down

Any darksiders here going to the Fayetteville Arkansas blues and barbeque Empty Re: Any darksiders here going to the Fayetteville Arkansas blues and barbeque

Post  papa Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:40 pm

Larry Simpson wrote:WE RIDE THAT DIRECTION OFTEN, 3 DARKSIDERS MEETING IN MUSKOGEE 8:00 SAT. MORNING (WEATHER PERMITTING) HEADING SOMEWHERE NORTH EAST. DIDN'T PUT RIDE TOGETHER SO DON'T KNOW WHERE EXACTLY WE ARE GOING.(WE USUALY WILL RUN 300 - 550 MILES WHEN WE TAKE OFF. YOU AND ANYONE ELSE ARE WELCOME TO JOIN IN IF INTERESTED.(WE ARE ALL STABLE WELL GROUNDED GUYS WITH NO ISSUES. JUST OUT FOR GOOD RIDE) LARRY S.
Thanks for the invite Larry. My soot is torn down right now. I am adding new beach bars with internal wires, having some reupholstery done, and waiting on new cables. Looks like I will be grounded for a couple more weeks. Larry W.

papa

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry Simpson Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:52 pm

SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE BUSY,LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU ARE UP AND RUNNING AGAIN. WE GO PRETTY OFTEN.WE ALSO RUN TAHALAMENA PRETTY OFTEN. LARRY S.
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Back to top Go down

Post  greyboyfan Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:53 am

Yeah, My wife and I and a bunch from fork will be there. We've been 2 yrs. now. It's fun for a while, but I can only stand it for 1 day. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

The whole experience after dark is a real trip and a half. Ya don't want to miss that.
Fayetteville is a fun place even when nothings going on, but thats rare. Lots to do and see in NW Ark. Corse, we're fo SW Mo, so we get to go there alot.
greyboyfan
greyboyfan

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post  papa Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:33 am

greyboyfan wrote:Yeah, My wife and I and a bunch from fork will be there. We've been 2 yrs. now. It's fun for a while, but I can only stand it for 1 day. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

The whole experience after dark is a real trip and a half. Ya don't want to miss that.
Fayetteville is a fun place even when nothings going on, but thats rare. Lots to do and see in NW Ark. Corse, we're fo SW Mo, so we get to go there alot.
From what I have been digging up, it is fast becoming one of the largest mc events in the country. Sounds like there maybe in the neighborhood of 400,000 Shocked , so it would probably be ridiculous to say, (I'll see you there) Very Happy I am only 45 miles sw of Fayetteville, so at least I really dont have to worry about a place to stay. I am looking forward to this. Hope you have a good time. Larry

papa

Back to top Go down

Any darksiders here going to the Fayetteville Arkansas blues and barbeque Empty re darksiders going to fayetteville

Post  Larry Simpson Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:32 pm

PAPA DID YOU MAKE IT TO THE RALLY? IF SO WHAT DID YOU THINK? LARRY S.
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:40 pm

Went there Thursday night for a short time. On my way to Kansas. Nice little rally! Dixon Street was happening. Lot's of nice bikes. Much quieter than Sturgis and Daytona they say.

Buddy of mine went Saturday and had a good time. They had big circus tents to rent out so you could sleep next to your bike.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  janice Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:05 pm

Mmm ... blues and barbecue. Thats a winning combo if I ever heard a one. Too bad I live so far away.
janice
janice

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-09-30

http://www.graphixanstuff.com/Forum/index.php?act=idx

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down