Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Officially a DARKSIDER!!!! .......sealed the rim

+4
horseman8m
smokey2255
jedishon
wiggans50cal
8 posters

Go down

Officially a DARKSIDER!!!!  .......sealed the rim Empty Officially a DARKSIDER!!!! .......sealed the rim

Post  wiggans50cal Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:49 pm

got my 205-70-15 on my vtx 1300 S model today. 100lbs of pressure and the bead popped. I used waynes advise on the rim sealing. I edited the instructions a little but nothing major so just follow what he says and you will turn out great!!! I scratched the plastic hub dust shield a little and marred it up a little, maybe even took a small piece out of the edge, but other than that I didnt have to remove or un-bolt anything. I switched the exhaust bracket bolts around so the heads were facing the tire like I was instructed to do. BTW, I went with the general grabber and am going to ride for a few hours right now. If you never hear from me again, my car tire probably spontaniously combusted for the simple fact it was on a motorcycle, and we all know such a thing is not possible. Very Happy :bom: cheers lol! Thanks for all of your advise guys!

wiggans50cal

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Officially a DARKSIDER!!!!  .......sealed the rim Empty Re: Officially a DARKSIDER!!!! .......sealed the rim

Post  jedishon Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:15 pm

Waiting to hear how you like it.......

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Officially a DARKSIDER!!!!  .......sealed the rim Empty Re: Officially a DARKSIDER!!!! .......sealed the rim

Post  smokey2255 Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:56 pm

Excellent to hear you got it done. Enjoy the ride

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:50 pm

Welcome to the Darkside Wiggans50cal , I am into benchrest shooting and am building an "F" class rifle now. if you are into the heavy 50 cal class post a photo of it. BTW Gstanfield (George) is also into shooting and is a Moderator of a reload forum.
BTW Twin will be along with the cookies soon.
Horse
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:52 am

wiggans,

Congrats and welcome to the wonderful world of the darkside! Yes, that wayne is the bomb when it comes to sealing rims!

......................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Officially a DARKSIDER!!!!  .......sealed the rim Empty rim sealing

Post  dustman Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:07 am

Could you point me in the right direction to get the info about "rim sealing". Picked up a Brigestone Potenza G009 in 205/60R16 yesterday and could use the instructions. Thanks

dustman

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  vstarman Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:49 am

I hear good things about the Potenza... Good Luck!

vstarman

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  wayne Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:38 pm

dustman wrote:Could you point me in the right direction to get the info about "rim sealing". Picked up a Brigestone Potenza G009 in 205/60R16 yesterday and could use the instructions. Thanks

I just saw your post. Havent been on line much.
If you go to 1300 tech, and go down untill you find seal ing rims. You should be able to find it.

wayne

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum