Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

would you rename her?

+4
horseman8m
Daniel Meyer
jedishon
smokey2255
8 posters

Go down

You are buying a used machine. The guy selling it calls it by a name. Do you...

would you rename her? Vote_lcap18%would you rename her? Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 3 ]
would you rename her? Vote_lcap29%would you rename her? Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 5 ]
would you rename her? Vote_lcap18%would you rename her? Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 3 ]
would you rename her? Vote_lcap35%would you rename her? Vote_rcap 35% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 17

would you rename her? Empty would you rename her?

Post  smokey2255 Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:20 am

Here is the deal, I noticed some peeps have names for thier machines and generally refer to them by name (I do about half the time) . So I posted the poll to see what you would do?

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

would you rename her? Empty Re: would you rename her?

Post  jedishon Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:36 am

I would rename it if it was named pumkin......

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Daniel Meyer Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:42 am

I chose "rename it" but the reality is...my machines have always named themselves!
Daniel Meyer
Daniel Meyer

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2007-12-25

http://lifeisaroad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:27 pm

I have not yet named my bike yet ,,, but i am looking for a name that fits ,, horses have personalty and are easier to name, bikes have moods. so when my bike gets into a mood then I'll name her.
good luck,
Horse
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:00 pm

I always heard it was bad luck to re-name a boat....Not sure about motorcycle ?????? But my bikes do have names the one below " HALF-BREED " the reason it started life as a Standard then a year later I turned it into a Tourer then a year or so later I added the Interstate trunk and Hoope Fairing.
would you rename her? Newcamera011Small
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:07 pm

My buddy named this one . A friend of mine crashed it 3 times the last time damn near killing himself on The Blue Ridge Parkway this was after he had just put a $1,800.00 paint job on it from his last crash Sad . I bought it as a parts bike but after checking it out the frame and forks was good so I started gettin' the tins from e-bay and other Valk owners and this is what it looks like today. The buddy that named it said " That thing has BADMOJO I would'nt ride it to the mailbox. Only thing that was wrong with it was the NUT between the seat and handlebars. " BADMOJO "
would you rename her? NoshowSmokeyride015
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:11 pm

No name on this one as of now still fighting the do I like it this color or do I paint it Neutral
would you rename her? ValhallaVoyage005Small
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Morgan Buchanan Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:42 pm

Seems like a lot of bikes have near fatal PEBSAH. (Problem exists between seat and handlebars.)

I don't name my bike, I just call her sweetie or darlin', as in, "Thanks for the ride, sweetie. See you after work." She's always waiting for me, too... gotta love that kind of loyalty. Smile
Morgan Buchanan
Morgan Buchanan

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Crossbones Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:49 pm

lol my wife named my bike the day i brought it home and i guess it stuck "That Fkn Bike"
James
Crossbones
Crossbones

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:01 pm

Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 wrote:No name on this one as of now still fighting the do I like it this color or do I paint it Neutral

Joe
You know you don't want to mess with painting that thing, just sign it over. I will take care of the paint and naming. Hell I will even let you ride it Laughing Laughing

Actually I think a red and white scheme would look good on that thing. . Bright red too.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:39 pm

smokey2255 wrote:
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 wrote:No name on this one as of now still fighting the do I like it this color or do I paint it Neutral

Joe
You know you don't want to mess with painting that thing, just sign it over. I will take care of the paint and naming. Hell I will even let you ride it Laughing Laughing

Actually I think a red and white scheme would look good on that thing. . Bright red too.

See you out there
Smokey

No No No.....There is a perfect spot in my garage for her.....Blue and silver is the color she wants to be, just ask her...

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanglefoot Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:04 pm

smokey2255 wrote:

Joe

See you out there
Smokey

Joe, if you see Smokie anywhere near your any of your Valks watch him carefully 'cause he is up to no good. I can tell he is lusting after your Interstate. At Mt Ida he was drooling after mine.

There is nothing wrong with the paint on this one but they all need a little customizing. I think they are like a lady who likes to dress up and taken out to dinner. It is nice to have a beautiful woman on your arm when you go out and it is the same thing about your Valkyrie. I love to hear guys say WOW she sure is 'purdy' (pretty) and know they are jealous 'cause they don't have one like her. If you can stand to be separated from her and don't mind her being undressed for a little while, get her dolled up.
Tanglefoot
Tanglefoot
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:25 pm

Morgan Buchanan wrote:Seems like a lot of bikes have near fatal PEBSAH. (Problem exists between seat and handlebars.)

I don't name my bike, I just call her sweetie or darlin', as in, "Thanks for the ride, sweetie. See you after work." She's always waiting for me, too... gotta love that kind of loyalty. Smile
Sharp bike I like the paint.
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:36 pm

Tanglefoot wrote:
smokey2255 wrote:

Joe

See you out there
Smokey

Joe, if you see Smokie anywhere near your any of your Valks watch him carefully 'cause he is up to no good. I can tell he is lusting after your Interstate. At Mt Ida he was drooling after mine.

There is nothing wrong with the paint on this one but they all need a little customizing. I think they are like a lady who likes to dress up and taken out to dinner. It is nice to have a beautiful woman on your arm when you go out and it is the same thing about your Valkyrie. I love to hear guys say WOW she sure is 'purdy' (pretty) and know they are jealous 'cause they don't have one like her. If you can stand to be separated from her and don't mind her being undressed for a little while, get her dolled up.
It's blinged out pretty good the Hondaline saddlebag rails and saddlebag skuff plates are worth their weight in gold if you follow them on e-bay or the VRCC classifieds. It has all the engine chrome , trans covers , engine hangers , carb end covers I even got the chrome side covers on it.Front and rear fender trim and front bumper not a whole lot more I can throw my hard earned at . I have a custom rad cover I got at InZane and Baker Air Wings that I still need to install and a set of front brake chrome rotor covers.
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:42 am

It looks great to me , almost a British racing green, I would keep it as is .
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum