Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does size matter?

4 posters

Go down

Does size matter? Empty Does size matter?

Post  guitstik Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:12 am

Can you guys tell me how much difference there is in the RPM's from a 205-55-16 to a 205-60? I wanted the 60 but when I got the tire it was the 55 series and I'm just wondering if it will make to much difference. The M/C tire it is replacing is a 170-80-16 on a 98 ACE Tourer. Thanks.

Joel

guitstik

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Back to top Go down

Does size matter? Empty Re: Does size matter?

Post  jedishon Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:38 am

some one said about 250-260 range...

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  guitstik Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:07 am

Is that 250-260 RPM's gained going to over rev the engine?

Joel

guitstik

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:09 am

The 55 series is a smaller tire and requires more revs to maintain the same speed as a 60 series tire
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:54 pm

It will have faster accelleration, but will reduce the top end speed...assuming you ever top out. I've gone as fast as I care to go on my 1100 and wasn't in any danger of over revving it.

That said, you will sit on that tire for 20k. You might want to get the right tire for you cause it will be awhile before it needs changing.

If anything it will reduce your gas mileage on long trips....a little.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  rrounds Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:30 pm

Jole,
I also ride an '98 T and I don't think the 205 will fit(I hope I'm wrong), but have you looked at an 195/60-16
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Blizzak+WS-60&partnum=96R6BZWS60&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes&place=2

That would give you a little more room between the swingarm and the tire. If the 205 fits, don't keep it a secret.
There is a web site just for the ACE Tourer, take a look
http://hondashadowacetourer.yuku.com/bhondashadowacetourer

ROD

rrounds

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post  guitstik Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:46 am

Rod, I have the 205 on the bike now, haven't put any miles on it but it clears everything with room to spare. The parts guy at the Honda stealership has a VTX with a 205-60 C/T and he told me a 205 would not fit my bike.The way he said it made me want to prove him wrong. When I was doing the preliminary research on this I even tried a 215 but couldn't get it on past the final drive housing. It wasn't until I figured out that I had to take the housing off to get the 205 on that I thought about that 215 again. I may try it in the future but now I am just trying to figure out what to do with the 55 series, do I run with it or see if I can get a 60. I have been pestering my friend (the guy with the shop I got the tire from) about this and I don't really want to push him past the point where he doesn't want to help any more.

BTW, this is the tire if you are interested http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?dsco=135&Cookie=nextag_Capitol&details=Ordern&typ=R-157142&ranzahl=4&nichtweiter=1

Joel

guitstik

Back to top Go down

Post  rrounds Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:44 am

Joel,
If you could post all the information on how you got thetire to fit the T over on the HSAT site, that would be much appreciative.

http://hondashadowacetourer.yuku.com/bhondashadowacetourer

No one there has got a car tire to fit yet, your the first one that I've heard of that has gotten an car tire on the T
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers "CONGRATULATIONS" cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

ROD

rrounds

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post  guitstik Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:54 pm

Rod, I don't think it's a matter of them not getting one to fit but more along the lines of no one wants to try it. The T is the same as an ACE but with bags. My bike isn't actually a T but an ACE that has been turned into a T. I don't know how much time you spend on the HSATF but if you go there often you would see that I am a regular on that sight. Some one over there has found this forum and made a thread about this site, was that you?

Joel

guitstik

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum