Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome lonwolf55

3 posters

Go down

Welcome lonwolf55 Empty Welcome lonwolf55

Post  jedishon Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:47 pm

Welcome aboard, ask all you want. There is no such thing as a stupid question. Has your leg totally healed? Good choice on the bike. Blue is the fastest color though..... Laughing Laughing Laughing
See you around....

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Welcome lonwolf55 Empty working on leg and bike

Post  lonwolf55 Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:08 pm

thanks for the welcome this looks like the place i need to be. dang leg keeps me tied up in physical therapy 3 days a week an drs. in between(oh joy). just out of curiousity whats the parts list for a ct conversion . i would really prefer to have it on when i try the bike again an my back tire (dunlop) has already give me a stage 10 pucker factor the last time i rode it.also recomendations of a tire an sz appreciated. might as well include a front tire an start off on a good foundation. anybody know somebody in the nashville area that will mount the tire. i still get down in the floor pretty good but getting up is a adventure at the moment. dealership mechanics are required to wear ski mask an hold a gun on ya before they hand you the bill so i will probably shanghi one of my sons an do it myself. ya'll have a good one.
lonwolf55
lonwolf55

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Welcome lonwolf55 Empty Re: Welcome lonwolf55

Post  jedishon Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:30 am

Can't tell from the picture what bike you have, so can't make a recomendation for a back tire. Front tire for me is Metz ME880, people also say good things about Avon, There are even a couple guys that swear by dunflop instead of swearing at them. The site is full of info to help in your choice.....
Let us know what bike you have and what type of riding you do most of the time ( highway, city, twistises, whatever)...

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Welcome lonwolf55 Empty my bike

Post  lonwolf55 Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:15 am

sorry musta been asleep when i requested info, my bike is a black 2004 honda VTX 1300c. she has 9000 miles an runs better than any bike i ever had. shes been improved with a memphis shade windshield (not crazy about the wind drag but don't miss the bugs in my teeth), she has one nice mustang seat on her that sits like a rocking chair, there has been a lot of chrome added (there when i bought the bike). exhaust an air are factory(for now). as for where i ride well i live right dead in the middle of tennessee an i prefer to ride east that means not only interstate but dirt an gravel roads an enough twistys to keep you occupied. my personal driving preferences tend to keep me on the backroads cause there is more to see. road conditions where i ride are like the weather here, if you don't like what your having at the moment wait 5 minutes it will change. i guess my riding conditions for the most part are like smokin joes. has any body else had a annoying rattle from the speedo housing (drives me nuts). thanks for the reply you erver get down this way give me a holler. by the way blue might be faster but black is darker.
lonwolf55
lonwolf55

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:28 am

Stock 1300 C rim.... Check the seating width of the tires you are looking at. 5" and below is good and easier to seat. I used the Douglas 205/65/15..Works good in all conditions.
I have heard good things about the General Grabber and the Hydredge.... Look around the site, there are quite a few choices out there.

Welcome lonwolf55 Douglastireuh2

This is where the fun starts....Its time to get well and ride...

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:38 am

Man, we sure hope you have a speedy recovery so you can get out and enjoy the darkside! We sure appreciate you coming making letting us be apart of your life and hang out with us! People like you make the forum great!

.....................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down